2010 Jeep lifetime unlimited warranty ...

Ws6

Somewhere is the owner of a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the lifetime unlimited promo warranty for that year, who is solely responsible for at least one FCA dealer bankruptcy by now. Is it anyone on here? Just curious how thats going 13 years later.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it was a FCA backed warranty to incentivize the things
Yes, and the has vehicle had to be inspected by a Jeep dealer every 5 years to keep it intact. I read on message boards of a few people that used it with success. IIRC one member of a Jeep forum had a transmission replaced under it. I would imagine there could be hoops to jump through, but this guy claimed it went w/o a hitch. YMMV

A former coworker had a 2008? Dakota and when I spoke to him recently he said he's had the engine, transfer case, and rear end replaced under that warranty in the last few years.

He actually bought the truck because of that warranty and I remember he used to have the dealer service everything exactly by the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual because he wanted be sure he got his money's worth when it was time for big repairs.

FWIW I have MaxCare Lifetime on my 2017 RAM 1500. Had to pay for it (was not a "free promo") but I do have it.

100.00 deductible, just used it for the first time last month...fuel level sensor went kaput, but it exists in the gas tank so it wasnt a quick and easy fix. Dealer gave me a Cherokee with 160 miles on it as a loaner, replaced the whole fuel pump module and had it back to me the same day. 100+tax.

It was a perk of the bailout of Chrysler in 2007

IIRC it was Model years 2007-2009?

You had to get it inspected at any dealer every 5 years to keep it in affect

My parents had a 2008 Wrangler. There were some strict requirements on bringing it back to the dealer for a "checkup" and items that are recommended to keep the lifetime unlimited powertrain warranty.

Ultimately when the engine started to drink a lot of oil, they upped the acceptable oil usage to the point that it didn't matter. It did pay for a few driveshafts and the typical JK axle seals weekly.

It was a perk of the bailout of Chrysler in 2007

IIRC it was Model years 2007-2009?

You had to get it inspected at any dealer every 5 years to keep it in affect

Ive heard Mopar had one like that, luckily the MaxCare ones are not like that.

And my dealer provided a similar one ("for free") through the dealer themselves. Had to pay them for every required maintenance *(for which they had a completely different schedule than the factory ...) and *still* had to do the every 5 year checkup. I told them I would never bother.

My parents had a 2008 Wrangler. There were some strict requirements on bringing it back to the dealer for a "checkup" and items that are recommended to keep the lifetime unlimited powertrain warranty.

Ultimately when the engine started to drink a lot of oil, they upped the acceptable oil usage to the point that it didn't matter. It did pay for a few driveshafts and the typical JK axle seals weekly.
Something with 3.8s they put the piston rings in backwards in the Mexican engine plant?

OP woke up bored and still obsessing over a used vehicle he purchased a decade ago. Feel bad for someone living such a pedantic life.
Yet you comment on almost every thread I've started. Typically with something completely non-contributory, such as how you feel bad about someone who is obsessed with something, lol!

Yet you comment on almost every thread I've started. Typically with something completely non-contributory, such as how you feel bad about someone who is obsessed with something, lol!

We're all tired of hearing about the crappy used car you bought over a decade ago! Give it a break.

I have a 2008 Wrangler with the Lifetime Warranty. It is due the 15 year inspection this fall. I have had the previous inspections done and the warranty is still honored. I have had a few repairs covered by the warranty - axle seals, intake gasket leak, oil pan leak, maybe others I don't remember right now.

No issues with the coverage for me.

I have a 2008 Wrangler with the Lifetime Warranty. It is due the 15 year inspection this fall. I have had the previous inspections done and the warranty is still honored. I have had a few repairs covered by the warranty - axle seals, intake gasket leak, oil pan leak, maybe others I don't remember right now.

No issues with the coverage for me.
You reminded me, my 08 Liberty is due this fall as well.

Back