2009-2011 Genesis 4.6 V8

Nice. Enjoy. Sounds great. Ive been wanting one. Timing to buy never is right. Top of my list for an affordable and mostly dependable v-8 rwd. Hammer down
This past week my sister was driving a rental Mercedes GLA250. She was happier than a kid in a candy store to get back to her Hyundai Genesis. Said that GLA250 sucks.
Genesis is a nice car. Most parts are never stocked at local parts stores, but thankfully plenty of options online.
Good gas mileage for the power. Pretty comfy and spacious.
Proven ZF 6-speed auto. I did a few drain and fills in one day, and that restored the shift quality greatly.
So far - pretty easy to work on. But it can't stand aftermarket electrical components. Do research on who makes the OEM parts (usually Bosch) and just buy those parts online. Cheaper than same parts from dealership and a Hyundai logo on it.

Well, that didn't take long... 127 days. That's how long alternator #4 lasted. AutoZone Duralast quality at it's finest.
Random fact: in Russian the word "DURA" (for a female) and "DURAK" (for a male) literally means "FOOL". I should've taken it as a red flag from the get go... These Dura-last alternators just don't last.

Ordered a new OEM Hyundai Denso alternator, should arrive in a week. Stand by.

Well, that didn't take long... 127 days. That's how long alternator #4 lasted. AutoZone Duralast quality at it's finest.
Random fact: in Russian the word "DURA" (for a female) and "DURAK" (for a male) literally means "FOOL". I should've taken it as a red flag from the get go... These Dura-last alternators just don't last.

Ordered a new OEM Hyundai Denso alternator, should arrive in a week. Stand by.
I must ask, but why not OE alternator?

I must ask, but why not OE alternator?
Initially bought the DuraLast, as OE was $300 more. Tried to save a penny. Then Everytime it died I just replaced it under "Lifetime" warranty. So no extra expenses, just time and my labor to replace it. This latest one didn't even last a year, so I'm done with DuraLast. OE is ordered, waiting on its arrival.

Initially bought the DuraLast, as OE was $300 more. Tried to save a penny. Then Everytime it died I just replaced it under "Lifetime" warranty. So no extra expenses, just time and my labor to replace it. This latest one didn't even last a year, so I'm done with DuraLast. OE is ordered, waiting on its arrival.
RockAuto has Denso.

Back