2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2wd

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is wanting a small suv. Carmax has a couple the Grand Vitaras with less than 1000 miles for $14,998. This seems like a good price. Any opinions on this suv.

I can't comment on the Grand Vitara, but I've been to Carmax and it seems that most of the cars they have are overpriced. I was there last year and while browsing the lot spotted a 2007 Impala LTZ for $19,999. You could go to a Chevy dealer and get a better deal than that on an Impala.

Pretty neat looking little truck if rear wheel drive won't be an issue for you. I'm not sure if Suzuki sources their transmissions from Jatco, Aisin Warner or GM, but any of those would be great. You don't hear of problems with Suzuki 4cyls or V6's and they seem to have improved their bodies (from rust).

Joel

I'd be a little weary of something "used" with less than 1000 mi, but Carmax is pretty reputable? I guess they could be dealer demos, but they typically have a few thousand miles.

Is that the one advertised as seating 7 people? I'd like to see that. Maybe 4 adults and 3 kids :)

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Is that the one advertised as seating 7 people? I'd like to see that. Maybe 4 adults and 3 kids :)

No, that would be the Suzuki XL-7. A completely different FWD/AWD platform vehicle.

Joel

Originally Posted By: JTK
Originally Posted By: GMBoy

No, that would be the Suzuki XL-7. A completely different FWD/AWD platform vehicle.

Joel

That's right, I remember now.

I don't recall which year models but the Vitara was blasted for several model years having the fuel tank in a very vulnerable spot should a rear end collision occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back