2008 Hyundai Santa Fe brake job joy. Not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have been there when I changed the wheel bearing/hub unit on the cavalier. Took a few hours of prying, kicking, hitting with a sledge hammer, to get the darn thing to come off! Brake rotors on the one car I did them on (The Jeep) were ridiculously easy.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Some of our rust belters need to learn about Kroil and Silikroil!

Meh... We put that on our toast in the morning!

I know my initial problem with the rusted solid adjusters I couldn't back-off. Soaking them with a penetrating oil would have ruined the p-brake shoes. You'd have to spray through the tiny access hole in the 'drum' and soak everything hoping some of it gets where you want.

Joel

not saying its across the board problem but

my gf had a 2001 accent that had 10 wheel bearings, 8 under warranty one full set at 30k, another set at 84k
and front only at 140k..discounted cost.

Her 2010 accent with 15000miles had both fronts replaced at 8000miles. Sounded like really loud tires I didnt let her get them as bad as her last car. My 2009 Elantra touring had 20k miles and no issues.(wouldnt expect issues)

Of course she did papers for a second job with her 2001.. which couldnt have helped.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JTK
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Some of our rust belters need to learn about Kroil and Silikroil!

Meh... We put that on our toast in the morning!
I know my initial problem with the rusted solid adjusters I couldn't back-off. Soaking them with a penetrating oil would have ruined the p-brake shoes. You'd have to spray through the tiny access hole in the 'drum' and soak everything hoping some of it gets where you want.
Joel

Sadly I lived in Indiana for many years and got to experience salted roads and the damage it does.

Believe me, you have my sympathies. It makes any job harder when it comes to car work.

I won't bore you by bragging too much, but suffice it to say that it's VERY different down here in Sunny Fl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back