2007 Ford Focus - drinks like a fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
What engine exactly is that 2.0? I know Ford used several Ford and Mazda engines, and a few of them were 2.0L

There's the Zetec, Mazda's MZR which Ford labeled as Duratec in some Ford applications, the CVH/SPI, and possibly more.

We didn't actually get the mk2 Focus in the US, just a warmed-over mk1 (although we did get the Mazda3 was on the mk2 Focus platform)

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Recommend do not proceed any further. Because when the tailights go out it's your fault because you changed the oil.

This is so true of most families also. The gearbox dies, but you changed engine oil so you did something wrong! Couldn't be inept usage of the trans over its entire life.

Don't worry about the franken-brew. Rule #1 - some oil is better than no oil
laugh.gif

Leave it be and check it occasionally. Throw a can of KREEN in there when she's not looking and let it loosen up the rings and maybe clean the PCV some ... Keep topping it up until she can get it serviced.

The engine in a US 2007 Ford Focus is a Duratec 2.0 (Ford Mazda).

"What engine exactly is that 2.0? I know Ford used several Ford and Mazda engines, and a few of them were 2.0L"

Last edited:
Mate, I'd be recommending she take it to a local garage for a service, that way when it dies she can't blame you!

But if you're happy to work on it, any old 10w40 or 15w40 would be my pick, just go with the cheapest.

hopefully you informed her right then and there she basically had no oil in her car, could have destroyed the engine, and most likely did some damage. If not, when that car fails, don't be surprised if crazy lady points to you.

Being nice is the right thing to do, but nice guys finish last. Get her to go to FORD for a service, not walmart or jiffy lube. Not that I like any fords, or dealerships, but better than jiffy lube.

Where was it serviced? Was cheap oil used over the life of the car? At that many miles it should run like new. But not if running quickie lube oil past 5k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back