2004 Buick Regal cabin filter change pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 170,000 on her. Not sure if this has ever been changed. Filter sits under a plastic cover under the windshield. Should breathe better!

crazy2.gif

Remember that stuff used to end up in the evap and heater core!

When the cabin filters first came out i thought B.S. but over the years it is a good filter to have.

I have seen worse on lower miles car, so I would lean toward its been replaced at least once and/or its been a garaged car.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Same filter and everything as my century. i always have trouble getting the filter in there without squishing it to make it fit.

Yes, it took a little persuasion to get it in there.

So many folks forget or aren't aware that they have a cabin air filter or even know where it is located hence it never gets replaced (it should be in the owners manual, but how many people actually read the manual). I modded my wife's New Beetle to accept a cabin air filter instead of the screen that came with it. When I removed the dash covers the inside was nasty with so much dirt and debris that it filled my shop vac. Since Mexico City is so polluted and dusty I have to change the filter every 2 months and it is completely black with pollution.

Last edited:
Sometimes the cabin filter is never installed at the factory, be careful, my 2005 buick my parents drove went over 6 years without one,,,no telling what they were breathing then...I guess after I put one on, the system is still full of debris I cannot get to...wonderful..

That thing looks great compared to what my cabin air filter looks like in my Honda Civic after about 3 months of road hunting pheasants on gravel roads. I have the K&N air filter as well as the cabin filter and they both do the job real well. Gravel roads are what really wreak havoc with cabin air filters. Thanks for posting the information and pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back