2000 Silverado 5.3L Power Steering Hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 Silverado, 5.3L, LS option, Last eight on vin#, Y1395720

We are going to replace the steering pump oil cooler and all of the hoses.
The cooler comes with 2 hoses.

The issue is that the vin# is populating 2 different coolers and two different pressure hoses.
I continue to get the same confused information from the dealer when I ask for the correct part numbers for the power steering oil cooler and hoses.
The vin# doesn't give them the final answer and the scematics I get online are not the same schematics that the dealer has.

One dealer told me that the pressure hose has part#15774514 and the oil cooler part no. is 15295845.

We just installed a rebuilt rack by Jorgen already and now just trying to figure out all of the part numbers for the hoses that go from the pump to the rack, the pump to the cooler, etc.

We finally were able to figure out the correct part number for the power steering pump (part#15909830).

What a headache

Anyone know the correct part numbers for the hoses and the oil cooler for our truck. Vin# 2GCEC19TOY1395720

Any advice is greatly appreciated

It looks like you'll need to provide whomever with the following information:

Conventional or Hydroboost Power Steering
2WD or 4WD

You can get the RPO codes from the production sticker that should be on the inside of the glove compartment door to see if you have Hydroboost or conventional power steering. There are plenty of websites to decode the RPO codes.

FYI, I went to the Gates Belts & Hoses website at www.gates.com and put in the information for your Silverado that you provided. That's how I came up with the needed extra information that, in my experience, will not come up by using the VIN alone.

Good luck!

Basic Vehicle Data

Model Year: 2000

Make: Chevrolet

Model: Silverado 1500

Trim Level: Ext. Cab 4-Door Short Bed 2WD

Manufactured in: CANADA

Production Seq. Number: 395720

hydraulic hose shops can also make what you need, maybe cheaper than OE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back