'20 Hyundai Sonata -- Wow-ee! Looks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda buys their taillights from someone else. They don't make them.

Ever notice how 80% of the new vehicles today have the same T spoke steering wheel? Individual controls might vary but you get the idea.

Originally Posted by wemay

...Oddly enough, my favorite sedan is the current Jetta. Probably the least ostentatious of all the contemporary sedans (sans the gaudy GLi). The 2021 Optima and Mazda6 are also high on the list.

That is one ugly car, with poorly derivative styling of ford fusion and chrysler 200

I know I own one and have to refrain from barfing as i walk near it. And it's a Cheaply made junkbox stay away.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
I see more than similarity to Honda, I see duplication. The bottom pic is of 2020 Honda Civic. I mean, is Hyundai actually buying their tail lights and body panels from Honda or what? Copy cat copy cat, thy name is Hyundai !! No innovation. No originality. Hyundai.

[Linked Image from images.hgmsites.net]

[Linked Image from s.aolcdn.com]

Greasy!
crazy2.gif

No innovation. No originality. Hyundai.

That has long been the criticism of Asian makes in general. Kia for whatever reason seems to have a flare for styling that does not cross over to Hyundai.

Styling in general for sedans has gone downhill IMO brand differentiation has gotten muddier and muddier.

Styling generally makes cheaper cars look like recent expensive cars. That helps sales, because people see themselves getting something that looks like a Lexus or BMW for example, for less $$.

That nose is the result of trying very hard to set yourself apart from the crowd, and ending up *****. The new corporate grille at Hyundai has ruined everything they make, IMO. It's time to let go of the continuous chrome strip.....it worked as a stop-gap on the 2009, but their attempt to keep it alive is looking terrible.

I don't know who copied who in the rear-end department, but Hyundai and Honda need to stay in their own lane. Thanks, Mercedes for starting this 4-door coupe business. Now all sedans are going to look like a pallet of bricks fell on the trunk lid.

Sonata.jpg

Originally Posted by KCJeep

That has long been the criticism of Asian makes in general. Kia for whatever reason seems to have a flare for styling that does not cross over to Hyundai.

Styling in general for sedans has gone downhill IMO brand differentiation has gotten muddier and muddier.

Well, I like the Kia Telluride. You're right about Kia on that.

Originally Posted by KCJeep

Kia poached an Audi designer in 2006, whos influence can be seen when you set a Forte Koup (his first design for U.S.-bound Kias), next to an A4. I don't know what legally blind person they have designing for Hyundai.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Honda buys their taillights from someone else. They don't make them.

Ever notice how 80% of the new vehicles today have the same T spoke steering wheel? Individual controls might vary but you get the idea.

It definitely looks as if all current automakers source their parts from the same parts bin.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Mr Nice said:
Body looks like a Mercedes Benz.

No, I'm not kidding.

You are 100% correct IMHO, that was my first take too, the body looks like it takes right after Mercedes, shamelessly so.

I don't see any MB in there...none.

Originally Posted by paoester
[Linked Image from cnet1.cbsistatic.com]
[Linked Image from images.hgmsites.net]

You don't see similarity here?
[Linked Image from mercedes-benz.ca]
[Linked Image from la.mercedes-benz.com]

Yeah, i just don't see any similarity other than they are all stylish.

Oddly enough, my favorite sedan is the current Jetta. Probably the least ostentatious of all the contemporary sedans (sans the gaudy GLi). The 2021 Optima and Mazda6 are also high on the list.

I agree. Jetta is a good looking car. The VW Passat is probably one of favorite sedans. Good looking body style!

Its a very handsome car, and I am curious that Hyundai will rake in the cash when people get over the mini suv craze. Fortunately Kia and Hyundai already hedged by making a zillion mini sperm cars, so its a win-win.

Now I'm thinking the big grill on it could have been a bit smaller for better effect. Always thought the Fusion basically got it right, so more like that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back