2 Vintage Lawn Tractors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the oil, new air filters, and plugs in both.

Since these are new to me, after I drained the oil, I overfilled slightly with kerosene, let it sit for 30 minutes then drained. Then refilled with fresh oil with 10% kerosene, drove then around for ten minutes, then drained and refilled with fresh oil:
Rotella T6 5w40 with a dose of Lubegard Biotech

[Linked Image]

Up next: Change rear axle lube and adjust clutch and steering

Last edited:
Either is a find. IH Cub Cadet has cult following. Wheel Horse is probably as good. I'm not a collector, I would use them as intended and they would outlast any box store mower for sale today.
grin2.gif

The Cub was bogging when I tried to climb any inclines. Figured the carb needed cleaned. The inside of the tank has plenty of rust in it. The bowl had a nice amount in it. The float seems fine, but the float needle seemed to be sticking. She's soaking in gasoline now. I want to remove all the old paint and just reinstall it with the bare aluminum. I hate paint on carbs....the gas also ruins the finish.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
That Cub should definitely run a little better after cleaning the carb! Quite a bit of dirt/rust in there. Nice score on both! My Dad used his 1972 Cub 129 up until he bought his Kunitz BX25 about 5 years ago.

L8R,
Matt

Originally Posted by AnthemBassMan
That Cub should definitely run a little better after cleaning the carb! Quite a bit of dirt/rust in there. Nice score on both! My Dad used his 1972 Cub 129 up until he bought his Kunitz BX25 about 5 years ago.

L8R,
Matt

I'm soaking the gas tank in vinegar right now. It was rusty on the inside. So when the tank is clean, I'll thoroughly rinse it, install new fuel lines and fuel filter, install carb, and fire this baby up and see how she runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back