2 UOAs: Mobil 1 10w40+Lucas OS, 7000 & 9000 miles, 2005 Dodge Caravan 3.8L

Sure. I use some LM additives that many here poo-poo but I like but I also don't say my UOAs indicate they are doing XYZ....
But if you didn't think it did anything you wouldn't use it. That's my point. But you also do have a valid point of trying to sell it to others based on a UOA 🤣.

That attachment seems broken and won't show anything, but this is what i see. So i thought you were still using it.

05 Dodge Caravan, 92 Cadillac Limo, 06 Prius (M1 10w40 High Mileage, Fram Ultra)

That attachment seems broken and won't show anything, but this is what i see. So i thought you were still using it.

05 Dodge Caravan, 92 Cadillac Limo, 06 Prius (M1 10w40 High Mileage, Fram Ultra)
I see what you mean - I'm using 15w50 the Corvettes and seeing if 10w40 HM alone works well in the Prius, Limo and Caravan.

But if you didn't think it did anything you wouldn't use it. That's my point. But you also do have a valid point of trying to sell it to others based on a UOA 🤣.
I do think the MoS2 and Ceratec "do" something as they are friction modifiers exactly how that relates to power/wear/etc. I have no idea....I just put my faith in the power of Liquimoly....hahahahaha

7ycs1r.jpg

@Robvette Are you thinking about doing another UOA with the M1 change once you reach a certain milestone? It would be good to contrast and see.

@Robvette Are you thinking about doing another UOA with the M1 change once you reach a certain milestone? It would be good to contrast and see.
My future UOAs that will be meaningful / worth considering will really be my wife's 06 Prius and my son's 05 Prius. Those are our only daily drivers. My 93 Corvette will be autocross raced and see some track days but I doubt it'll see 2,000 total miles annually. I'll do UOAs for the 93 at a minimum of once annually. Our minivan used to be my wife's daily and I used to travel for bike races 1-2x per month. Now it just sits and gets used only when we go out of town as a family. I bicycle commute pretty much exclusively now to a job just 7 miles from our home - whereas I used to cover the whole mid-Atlantic region in my prior career.

I generally do an oil change on each vehicle we own at least annually - but comparing a 1800 mile M1 UOA to a 7000 mile M1 + Lucas UOA is "apples to oranges".

1694431927800.png

Why take half-measures? Go for it. 32Cst @100'C. Lucas? Psssh. I look at its weak, low viscosity with disdain.

I used this in a mostly dead 302 in a '69 F-100 that was our "farm truck". It was the only oil that gave any hot idle oil pressure.
3 on the tree, manual steering and brakes. It would carry 9000+ lbs of gravel in the bed a couple of times each winter for mud mitigation, almost ready to do a wheelie. Had a crescent shaped hole in the hood from a steel fan blade. I bet that was an interesting day. No fan clutch, must have been a money shift. Outstanding vehicle.

Truck was still running when we gave it to the new owners of the house, and years after that, as Google Earth showed it in different places on the property year after year.

Last edited:
Please list these so-called "BITOG pathologies".
Nope. Last time I tried to deliver my views in detail, I was permanently banned from that thread by a Sensitive Person.

Which I found to be absolutely juvenile, and that proved it to be a waste of time to discuss here.

People can figure out what I mean themselves, if they want to.

Nope. Last time I tried to deliver my views in detail, I was permanently banned from that thread by a Sensitive Person.

Which I found to be absolutely juvenile, and that proved it to be a waste of time to discuss here.

People can figure out what I mean themselves, if they want to.
So you insult the entire community en mass. Why are you here again? Care to contribute vs the amateur psycho analysis?

So you insult the entire community en mass.
I don’t feel insulted. BITOG can be great!

And, at other times groups of members can be demeaning, insulting and at the same time super sensitive - so if you give it back to them at all you get reported, warned and/or banned.

I’m probably going to be warned or banned for this completely true comment.

So you insult the entire community en mass. Why are you here again? Care to contribute vs the amateur psycho analysis?
Not insulting anyone en masse, merely stating my experience. If you feel insulted, then block me. No problem!

But, as your post reveals, you didn't bother to look into anything I have stated, in 220+ posts, which have been contributions.

So, your post inadvertently proved mine.

Last edited:
Not insulting anyone en masse, merely stating my experience. If you feel insulted, then block me. No problem!

But, as your post reveals, you didn't bother to look into anything I have stated, in 220+ posts, which have been contributions.

So, your post inadvertently proved mine.
Yes, your goal of being a pointless troll succeeded, so much so you seem proud of being banned from a thread and calling out the mods and other members. Good luck with your future contributions.

Last edited:
Back