1999 Camaro - Couldn't resist.

Yes, even if you do take care of them. My 89 has Ttops and they leak like a sieve in the rain or if I wash the car. They weren't taken care of at all, maybe one day I will decide to put on new rubber to make them seal properly. Its a lot of work to do though and I never drive the car in the rain anyway. Maybe if I ever get the car fully repainted as it could definitely use a paint job.

As for the original car, great find, the 5 speed 3.8 V6 was a pretty rare combo to say the least. Almost all the 3.8 V6s were autos as it seemed like the factory didn't think anyone would want a V6 with a stick for some reason.
I did a nationwide search on Autotrader.com for 4th-Gen V6/5-speed Camaros and Firebirds to see if there were better deals out there.
Nine Camaros showed up, no Firebirds. There was one with about the same amount of miles at about the same price, and others that were low miles for double the money.

A stick with a v6 is a bit of a unicorn in general. Nice thing is, you can actually practice the art of driving the car when feeling spunky, and the rest of the time enjoy a RWD, the way it should be. Excellent commuter … it’s gonna loaf along and rack up the miles.

A stick with a v6 is a bit of a unicorn in general...
When we bought our '98 (custom ordered to our specs), the salesman said they didn't come with a manual. Of course, he was wrong, but he insisted to the point I had to ignore him and talk to my now wife like he wasn't there.
When I demonstrated to him it could be ordered, his excuse was he had never seen one, so he didn't think it was an option.

I dig it! (y)
I would install ss or z sway bars could always change shocks and struts. nice rim tire package and a muffler and you got yourself a cruiser.
The steering seems slow compared to my Z28. I wonder if the Z had a faster ratio. I still have the original springs and shocks from my Z28 that I took off when I went to the Eibach springs and Koni shocks. The car came with Cooper tires on factory SS 10-spoke wheels, and I have two other sets of 10-spokes with performance tires for my Z that will bolt right on. The mods come relatively easy since I've been an F-body guy for so long.

I did a nationwide search on Autotrader.com for 4th-Gen V6/5-speed Camaros and Firebirds to see if there were better deals out there.
Nine Camaros showed up, no Firebirds. There was one with about the same amount of miles at about the same price, and others that were low miles for double the money.
I did a search myself the other day. Found 10 total, lowest price was $5K going all the way up to $13K. For what you paid I'd have bought the car without hesitation and I don't even have a use for it.

The steering seems slow compared to my Z28. I wonder if the Z had a faster ratio. I still have the original springs and shocks from my Z28 that I took off when I went to the Eibach springs and Koni shocks. The car came with Cooper tires on factory SS 10-spoke wheels, and I have two other sets of 10-spokes with performance tires for my Z that will bolt right on. The mods come relatively easy since I've been an F-body guy for so long.
I better sure the V8 cars had a different ratio.

Back