1998 Buick Regal GS 92,000 miles $1600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found one in my area with 61k miles for $3,000. HMMM. I actually really like the look of that Regal.

Kudos to you for helping out his Family overall. I am sure your buddy is super appreciative for all you have done & continue to do. Never hurts that you truly like the Buick also or should I say -- luv it. God love you man.

I have also wrenched on a lot of 3800's and they really are so [censored] easy to work on. I've had 5 Grand Prix's and my friend had a Regal GS and a couple Grand Prix's.

I can't help but love it. Can't wait to make it just right. I had a couple of drinks and found myself walking outside to talk to it, to explain what was going to happen. Please help me.

I hate to thread hijack but what do you hate about the Ford 500? I currently maintain one and may have the chance to acquire it.

Originally Posted By: JamesBond
I hate to thread hijack but what do you hate about the Ford 500? I currently maintain one and may have the chance to acquire it.

It has been a pile for them. Lots of little stuff but just recently a motor mount which was an unhappy time. The Buick I sold them has been much better. The car overall isn't bad just has gone through a bunch of sensors, a no start condition which was the ECM, 2 motor mounts and it just at 100,000 miles. Just not as good as I though it should be.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
ls1mike,

How much horsepower are those engines capable of putting out if money were no object?

I have seen some with 500hp on stock internals

Safe bet is around 400.

ls1mike,

How much horsepower are those engines capable of putting out if money were no object?

A few years back we had a group of guys in my area that pushed these cars at the strip, they were putting down 11s but the norm was easily mid 12's. But then they got bored and moved on to a different platform or rust. There were not spending insane amounts either.

The cup holder is intact?!?!? No way!!

The wife drives a newer vehicle but an LS is my DD. I agree, they have their known issues but solid overall and easy to work on. When I saw the thread title I was thinking you had one for sale and was thinking a GS might be replacing my LS.

Good on you for what you're doing, the world needs more people like you.

Originally Posted By: bowlofturtle
ls1mike,

A few years back we had a group of guys in my area that pushed these cars at the strip, they were putting down 11s but the norm was easily mid 12's. But then they got bored and moved on to a different platform or rust. There were not spending insane amounts either.

Yep really easy to run 12's in these cars. They are decent cars that get overlooked. 12's is cheap in these cars.

Originally Posted By: TMoto
The cup holder is intact?!?!? No way!!

I know right? I told them it was worth 1600 bucks just for that!!

ls1mike,

Money is no object. It is a 3800 so I don't know if you upgrade everything, I would guess anywhere from 600 to 1000 hp. There are guys in the 9 with these engines.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
I can't help but love it. Can't wait to make it just right. I had a couple of drinks and found myself walking outside to talk to it, to explain what was going to happen. Please help me.

It's not you....
It's the Wig....
It's Alive......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back