1978 Toro 826 restoration thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx

This is my Toro 824 I just picked up recently.

They are excellent machines. We had a very early 1980s Toro 724 growing up. My grandfather bought it new before he passed away, then my dad used it for 15 years on a dirt driveway which was pretty rough on it, but it still ran great before he sold it and bought a tractor with a snowblower.

Also, in one of the pictures you can see an Ariens with tire chains in the corner. I'll have to post a thread about that machine. I built that one for a friend. It is a 1960s Ariens sno-thro we found in the woods that we fixed up and re-powered.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx

This is my Toro 824 I just picked up recently.

They are excellent machines. We had a very early 1980s Toro 724 growing up. My grandfather bought it new before he passed away, then my dad used it for 15 years on a dirt driveway which was pretty rough on it, but it still ran great before he sold it and bought a tractor with a snowblower.
I actually can't wait to try it out lol. I have some throttle control issues to fix first as whoever had it before me tried rigging up a hack-job throttle control that doesn't work. Other than that it runs good, starts on the first pull. I changed the oil and put Rotella T6 0w40 in it. Should work well in the cold.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
I've ordered a newer style coil to eliminate the points and convert it to a Magnetron ignition.

I know this is years later but do you happen to know the part number for the magnetron?

Originally Posted by bandito
Originally Posted by jeepman3071
I've ordered a newer style coil to eliminate the points and convert it to a Magnetron ignition.

I know this is years later but do you happen to know the part number for the magnetron?

I don't have the part number, but I know that it was just a replacement for a newer 1990s 8hp Briggs engine. Bolted right up and worked great with the stock flywheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back