1939ish Snap-on box

I have a 1939ish Snap-on K-260 that im try to see what the worth is. It wont let me post pics.

I have a 1939ish Snap-on K-260 that im try to see what the worth is. It wont let me post pics.
What I do is, use my phone to take a picture, then email it to myself. Open picture. Start Windows snipping tool. Select New, then capture what you want to post. Paste the picture by hitting control-v to paste, you can just cntrl-v in this reply area.

What I do is, use my phone to take a picture, then email it to myself. Open picture. Start Windows snipping tool. Select New, then capture what you want to post. Paste the picture by hitting control-v to paste, you can just cntrl-v in this reply area.
You sound like my daughter explaining this stuff to me. This is me listening to her.🤪🤪🤪

You sound like my daughter explaining this stuff to me. This is me listening to her.🤪🤪🤪
After doing it a few thousand times it becomes second nature. My Deleted folder has about a million emails from myself with a subject line of “q”.

Here is a couple pictures I found of a K-260. They call it the art deco Snap-On box, and from the way it is built it is easy to see where it gets the name. There are posts on The Garage Journal about the K-260, it is pretty much the holy grail of old tool boxes. I read on GJ that the K-260 was the very first box Snap-On sold that was painted red. I also read somewhere the guys that own one don't really use it much because it is too small. I thought the collectingsnapon.com website might have some info on it but all they say is it is highly desirable and was the top of the line, Snap-On sold it between 1939-1946.

K-260 with top lid and doors closed:

1_7a1a42d5f5cc4f589119f97d2fcd79ab.jpg

Top lid up, doors open:

1_7a1a42d5f5cc4f589119f97d2fcd79ab (1).jpg

Back