17 Lacrosse

Just did the first spill/fill on my 17 Lacrosse. Took out 3 qts and put in 3 quarts of Aisin ATF 0WS fluid. Will drive a week or 2 to do 2nd and then another week to do 3rd and final spill/fill. 58679 miles.

Last edited:
Yep, ALLDATA says it takes 7.5 qts for an overhaul and its an AISIN AF50 trans. The kit for the drain/fill from FCP Euro gives you 8 qts(plus I bought 1 extra)and the dealer wants $1400 for the spill/fill--they do it 2x while on lift, I prefer to run it a little to get the fluid cleaner on 2nd and 3rd fill. The kit I bought was only $109 with shipping so I will have enough. I followed the video and per the Buick dealership tech(who is my buddys kid says that is how they do it also but don't bring up to temp. I asked him why and he says that is how they are taught for gm trans. I told him its an AISIN and he said didn't matter. Hence I did it per AISIN's instructions.

No dipstick, you fill what you take out and bring trans up to specified temp and check through the check valve and top off or drain as needed, Very simple but I would prefer a dipstick.

This trans is found on some volvos, LRs, Jags, toyotas , VWs some Caddy XT5s

Last edited:
Back