10w-30 Synthetic Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
wemay - why do you bother with 5W20 in a '17 Sonata GDI engine ? Living in South Florida I would run M1 10W30 with the low NOACK advantage to reduce deposits GDI engines are known for .
Originally Posted By: wemay
Valvoline Synthetic w/MaxLife Tech.
6.3% Noack in 10w30 on last check.

Originally Posted By: shurguywutt
Looking for a good 10w30 synthetic. I would prefer a high mileage for the strong additive package but I can really only find 5w30 full synthetic high mileage or 10w30 high mileage synthetic blend. Any recommendations? I live in a very hot and humid climate so 10w30 would be ideal. Thanks.

Amsoil's version is the most stout 10w30 I've seen, heavy additive pack intended for extended drains and 5.3% NOACK. I've personally taken this oil up to 12000 miles with a good UOA. It is going to cost a bit more than the off-the-shelf-mass-marketed oils though.

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
I think they may have screwed us. On the newest PI sheet, it doesn't say that anymore. Although it could still be the same oil.
https://sharena21.springcm.com/Public/Do...10-ac162d889bd3

crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
wemay - why do you bother with 5W20 in a '17 Sonata GDI engine ? Living in South Florida I would run M1 10W30 with the low NOACK advantage to reduce deposits GDI engines are known for .

On my older, now sold Sonata (80K miles) with the same 2.4 engine, i ran predominantly 5w20 and conducted 3 UOA. There was no issue with dilution, shear or elevated metals. I haven't done one on the '17 yet, but I don't expect anything different. I've been happy with the 5w20 oils, even in this climate.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46

On my older, now sold Sonata (80K miles) with the same 2.4 engine, i ran predominantly 5w20 and conducted 3 UOA. There was no issue with dilution, shear or elevated metals. I haven't done one on the '17 yet, but I don't expect anything different. I've been happy with the 5w20 oils, even in this climate.

But i use them all... 5/10w30 and 5W20. What ever's on-hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back