0W20 Conventional....Does Anybody Make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
I sometimes think tig1 is actually just a bot that has been programmed to repeat the same thing over and over ( no offence intended )

Perhaps but it is a reasonable response to the myriad of new users (real or imagined) that post the same question over and over with the same predispositions.

I would add he started using a controversial product decades ago - that has undergone many formula changes and proof of performance tests etc ... he still uses it with confidence and uses his good success in many viscosity debates when he just added the brand needed or not. But’s let’s not pretend there were shelves full of 20’s back when he started
Sure they were full of 20s-STRAIGHT 20s!
s-l300.jpg

Probably good stuff … but don’t think anyone took me to be describing that as controversial …

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
I sometimes think tig1 is actually just a bot that has been programmed to repeat the same thing over and over ( no offence intended )

Perhaps but it is a reasonable response to the myriad of new users (real or imagined) that post the same question over and over with the same predispositions.

That's right. My response was to Bullwinkle not FCDriver. From your friendly BOT.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
FordCapriDriver said:

I would add he started using a controversial product decades ago - that has undergone many formula changes and proof of performance tests etc ... he still uses it with confidence and uses his good success in many viscosity debates when he just added the brand needed or not. But’s let’s not pretend there were shelves full of 20’s back when he started

Probably good stuff … but don’t think anyone took me to be describing that as controversial …

That's right. Notice it says "outperforms 10-40". Your favorite Bot.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: IndyFan

Originally Posted By: JLTD

How's the new Wrangler JL?

It's refinement has exceeded my expectations, by a wide margin. It is REALLY nice, especially the Gen 2 Pentastar and Aisin manual transmission. They are a perfect match and are super smooth and quiet. I've already put a 2" Mopar lift and 315/70/17 tires on it. The Mopar lift came with Fox shocks, and I'm actually stunned at how smooth and nice it rides. I expected it to be stiffer. I couldn't be happier. I've put 1,1oo miles on it, so far. I'm planning the first oil change at 2500. I'm going with Mobil 1 EP and a Fram Ultra Guard for the first oil change. I'll run that for 5k miles and then will go to Mobil 1 AP. I'll do UOA's on the first few changes, too, and will post them up. I've got the Blackstone bottles waiting.

thumbsup2.gif
I'd heard it was head and shoulders above the JK in drive quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back