0W16 & 5W16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left to my druthers, I would be using 10w30 in my Camrys specced for 0w20. Seems like its a good lube for sewing machines and fishing reels, not a high revving 4 banger. Pouring it into an engine with much hesitation. Similar to doing a 5 to 6 up shift on a Fuller Road Ranger for the first time. 6th is 1st after you flick a switch on the knob.
grin2.gif

I remember reading an article online about 0w16 and lower being specced only for engine with variable volume oil pump. You shouldn't use it on the older cars without this.

Probably 0w20 is ok with these 0w16 engine though.

Originally Posted By: Ursatdx

I've got a few 6 packs ready and waiting.

XOM makes a 0w16 now too?
crazy2.gif

Amalie is still the first to have a 0w16 on US store shelves (Carquest synthetic at AAP). They beat all the majors! Valvoline lists a 0w16 on their website, but there's no Valvoline 0w16 in stores yet, though Napa lists it for $10.99/qt and is not included in this month's Synpower sale. (AAP *does* include 0w16 in their CQ synthetic oil change specials)

Surprising there's no M1 or Mobil Super Synthetic 0w16, since Exxon Mobil makes TGMO, and the fact that M1 is the #1 selling synthetic oil.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted By: Ursatdx

I've got a few 6 packs ready and waiting.

XOM makes a 0w16 now too?
crazy2.gif

Amalie is still the first to have a 0w16 on US store shelves (Carquest synthetic at AAP). They beat all the majors! Valvoline lists a 0w16 on their website, but there's no Valvoline 0w16 in stores yet, though Napa lists it for $10.99/qt and is not included in this month's Synpower sale. (AAP *does* include 0w16 in their CQ synthetic oil change specials)

Surprising there's no M1 or Mobil Super Synthetic 0w16, since Exxon Mobil makes TGMO, and the fact that M1 is the #1 selling synthetic oil.

Simple. Not enough market yet.

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
Doubt you will see a 5W-16 oil. WHY?

This is the new grade I'm most excited about
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back