09 Ford focus randomly dies when turning hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that I've had some time with the focus. I've narrowed it down I hope. I cleaned the throttle body and maf sensor . Re checked for vacuum leaks. Did not see or hear any. What I found is that at idles fine until you start turning accessories on. For example it will stumble an feel like it wants to die if you have a/c on and then the cooling fan kicks on. When the fans kicks on it acts up if you turn the wipers and stereo on when the fans comes on it'll stumble and die almost everything. So maybe the iac /throttle body is compensating for the extra loads applied? Any thoughts given the new info is appreciated.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
So now that I've had some time with the focus. I've narrowed it down I hope. I cleaned the throttle body and maf sensor . Re checked for vacuum leaks. Did not see or hear any. What I found is that at idles fine until you start turning accessories on. For example it will stumble an feel like it wants to die if you have a/c on and then the cooling fan kicks on. When the fans kicks on it acts up if you turn the wipers and stereo on when the fans comes on it'll stumble and die almost everything. So maybe the iac /throttle body is compensating for the extra loads applied? Any thoughts given the new info is appreciated.
What's the battery voltage with it running? And then with all the accessories on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back