03 cobra oil

You stated:

He stated:

So, I assume somebody who is calling a car making 600+ RWHP "no rocket ship" owns something considerably faster.
My friend take it down a notch I am not putting the vehicle down. Indeed I noted it’s a nice ride, just stating it’s a pushrod engine not something of high technicality that would require anything other than a quality 5w30

My friend take it down a notch I am not putting the vehicle down. Indeed I noted it’s a nice ride, just stating it’s a pushrod engine not something of high technicality that would require anything other than a quality 5w30
Why would you assume it's a pushrod engine? The Mustang hasn't had a pushrod engine since 1995.

The engine is a 4.6L DOHC mill with a supercharger.

But your statement still doesn't make sense, because whether it's DOHC, SOHC, pushrod or even side valve, it's still >600RWHP, which, regardless of the valvetrain configuration, your use of the phrasing "it's no rocket ship" seems completely off the wall coming from a guy with the vehicles you have listed in your signature. That's what raised my eyebrow. My DD is 475HP, and I'd consider a 600+RWHP Termi pretty darn fast for a street car.

Why would you assume it's a pushrod engine? The Mustang hasn't had a pushrod engine since 1995.

The engine is a 4.6L DOHC mill with a supercharger.

But your statement still doesn't make sense, because whether it's DOHC, SOHC, pushrod or even side valve, it's still >600RWHP, which, regardless of the valvetrain configuration, your use of the phrasing "it's no rocket ship" seems completely off the wall coming from a guy with the vehicles you have listed in your signature. That's what raised my eyebrow. My DD is 475HP, and I'd consider a 600+RWHP Termi pretty darn fast for a street car.

Me too…

And that IS a rocket ship compared to my old Nissan Sentra with 105 hp going down off a cliff… :LOL:

I know M1 5W30 was popular on SVTP back in the day on Terminators. I would probably run that or some version of 0W40 or 5W40 if you are worried about any increased clearances. Also don't forget to change the oil in that supercharger occasionally.

BTW I absolutely love the Terminators. Even though the newer GT-500s are lightyears better in almost every category, I still like them a lot.

The stock spec oil was 5w20... (odd but true)
IMO in texas I'd run AT LEAST a 5w30 or thicker
if going to do more than a quick blast here and there. a 40wt+
Pennzoil euro L 5w30 or M1 0w40. > for walmart shelf oils.
I would probably spend for HPL for this special car.
1698516260638.png

I know M1 5W30 was popular on SVTP back in the day on Terminators. I would probably run that or some version of 0W40 or 5W40 if you are worried about any increased clearances. Also don't forget to change the oil in that supercharger occasionally.

BTW I absolutely love the Terminators. Even though the newer GT-500s are lightyears better in almost every category, I still like them a lot.
Yep, that's what my buddy ran in his '04 vert with a pair of hairdryers that made 850 to the tires, M1 5W-30, lol.

I also love the Termi's, despite the limitations of that chassis, they were, and still are, amazing cars.

The stock spec oil was 5w20... (odd but true)
IMO in texas I'd run AT LEAST a 5w30 or thicker
if going to do more than a quick blast here and there. a 40wt+
Pennzoil euro L 5w30 or M1 0w40. > for walmart shelf oils.
I would probably spend for HPL for this special car.
View attachment 185612
Yup, I agree, if I was doing OTS, I'd run M1 FS 0W-40, but with that constraint removed, I'd be reaching out to Dave at @High Performance Lubricants and seeing what he recommended for it.

I guess we need an explanation of what you consider to be a "rocketship" if a high strung supercharged 4v 4.6L doesnt qualify.

the fact that you thought it was a pushrod also shows your lack of knowledge on this pretty special car that is currently about 2x stock HP.

If there was ever an engine that wouldnt be "wasting" high dollar oil this is it.

Also not sure where you are going with the clap and crickets?

Nice ride. But it’s no rocket ship any quality 5w30 synthetic will work.

Back