Supertech ST7317

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look exactly like the M1-110 from outside. Cut it open obviously made by Champion. Spring loaded bypass.
PA173569_800_600.jpg

Check out the production date: 04/18/06. It's also got the new sticker design. I've noticed that the ST3593A was e-core, but are now all the old design. The last one I bought at my local Wally World was made 09/06/06.

I could be mistaken, maybe early on the only e-cores were the very popular models, and now all ST's are ecores.. Hopefully someone can step in and correct me if i'm wrong.

Nope, not all the SuperTechs are Ecores.

The ST7317 (like above) is not and has never been Ecore.

The ST4967 same.

The ST3675 went from like above to a Ecore.

I've cut open many filters and posted the photos here in this forum.
cheers.gif

just do a Search on my User name to see them.

Take care, Bill
patriot.gif

It has to do with the size of the can. They only have ecore lines for two or three can sizes. The under 3" can isn't one of them.

There is one ecore that isn't available ..but is still a good number as far as Champ is concerned. Wally World just doesn't order it anymore. I couldn't find out if it was produced under another label. It's a Honda thread filter.

Well, the gaps between the pleats are quite a bit larger around seam, overall construction is solid though. But my concern is that the anti-drain-back valve is hard on touch and doesn't seem seal very well.

I imagine that once it gets hot, and there's an oil film on it, it'll seal up well. Might be a problem only if you did a bunch of short trips where the oil stayed cold.

Quote:

I imagine that once it gets hot, and there's an oil film on it, it'll seal up well. Might be a problem only if you did a bunch of short trips where the oil stayed cold.

The problem is that when engines are running, it doesn't matter if the ADBV can seal up well or not, it has to be open anyway. The critical role for ADBV is to seal after engine shutdown until the next startup, isn't it? I have a maxima with a traversely mounted oil filter. With the ST the oil pressure light always flicker a split of second right after startup all the time. M1,Nissan OEM,pure1 or Bosch filter will do so occasionally and only during summer when the outside temp is hot. I figure the poor ADBV on ST is the culprit. ADBV on M1,pure1, nissan OE and Bosch are better than the ST, but not enough to completely silent the oil presure light.
dunno.gif

As someone who has run the ST7317 in both a 2001 Civic and now a 2005 Vue (with the 3.5 V6 Honda motor) these filters are excellent.
cheers.gif

My dad drives a lot of short trips (retired) and a few road trips of great length and we have never had a single issue with the filters.

I've cut open many and posted the photos here in this forum.
approved.gif

Excellent UOAs too!
banana.gif

No need to spend more $$ IMO.
nono.gif

I've used ST filters on many engines for hundreds of thousands of miles and cut open every one. Never a problem.

Take care, Bill
patriot.gif

Quote:

I've used ST filters on many engines for hundreds of thousands of miles and cut open every one. Never a problem.

Same here. I have the ST7317 and the ST3600 on two of my vehicles right now. Have another 10 SuperTechs in my stash, and put them on other's cars I've serviced with no problems whatsoever to date. Although, I do avoid the clickers. Just never liked that design.

ST6607_ST3600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back