Bought a 2014 XV Crosstrek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked it up yesterday. So far so good. Rides nice, handles decent and initial mpg results are about double what I was getting in the Silverado.

Forester might be more practical but a bigger vehicle than I wanted

One thing I'm liking about these Boxer engines is the placement of the oil filter. It doesn't get any simpler than that

Close...Aerial Porter in the USAFR
smile.gif

Nice ride! How do you like the CVT? I've heard they turn in great MPGs.

The oil filter placement is cool. On my '05 Forester the oil filter is on bottom and is a minor inconvenience to get to.

Congrats, she's a beauty! Wicked jealous.....

What's the matter, no Clydesdales prancing around Merrimack for a photo op?

I really like these Crosstrek, but wanted more space than the new Impreza offers, so I picked up a '14 Forester XT last night. The CVT was very nice and the dash indicated 30 mpg on the ~40 mile trip home from the dealer.

....and, I remember when you had the Chevy HHR! On the Soob, keep an eye on the oil consumption. More of an issue with some Subaru FB25's (the 2.5 liter) than the 2.0 direct-inject mill, but I'd still check the dipstick often until she sorts out her break-in.

Originally Posted By: k24a4
Man, I do love that oil filter location. Nice ride.

Agreed. Add a Fumoto valve and you could do oil changes wearing white gloves!

Best filter location ever, just gotta make sure you don't get any crud in there when doing the change!

Congrats on the new ride.. I still someday want to own a Subaru (an older one)

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
....and, I remember when you had the Chevy HHR! On the Soob, keep an eye on the oil consumption. More of an issue with some Subaru FB25's (the 2.5 liter) than the 2.0 direct-inject mill, but I'd still check the dipstick often until she sorts out her break-in.

This is good advice, although it's not just the FB25. I have a buddy with the Impreza Sport 2.0 and it's a major oil burner. Just keep an eye on it.

Originally Posted By: theKman
Congrats, she's a beauty! Wicked jealous.....

What's the matter, no Clydesdales prancing around Merrimack for a photo op?

They must have been out in the parking lot earlier as they left a calling card if you know what I mean lol

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

Will do, thanks for the heads up. One thing I noticed on this car is when you start it up after it has been sitting for a bit it revs and stays at 2 grand on the tach until it gets warm. That's gonna be fun in sub zero temps lol. Sounds really loud at startup as well but have been told that DI engines are like that?

Yeah the HHR. For as bad a rap as it gets sometimes it was not a bad car at all. I actually wish I hung onto it sometimes.

Originally Posted By: Blue_Goose
One thing I noticed on this car is when you start it up after it has been sitting for a bit it revs and stays at 2 grand on the tach until it gets warm. That's gonna be fun in sub zero temps lol. Sounds really loud at startup as well but have been told that DI engines are like that?

I was going to mention that earlier but didn't want to rain on the new car parade. My neighbor a few doors down just bought a new Impreza. I was very surprised how loud it was on start up and idling. I wonder if a different oil would quiet it down a bit. I thought the noise was from a nearby 90-93 Accord that's kind of loud.

Looks real nice and love that oil filter location.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back