Quaker State green bottle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the oil in my Dakota today. Went from Carquest store brand (Ashland) to Quaker State Advanced Durability 10W30. All I can say is I am very impressed with this oil. My truck has a noticeably quieter and smoother idle and ran great, had good power and steady oil pressure on my test drive. This is also the first Purolator Classic filter I have used in about 2 years now, I was using Proselects and Carquest Red filters.

The QS oil is darker in color (which I know does not matter, probably just due to different composition from CQ oil) and looks to be a tiny bit thicker than the Carquest 10WQ30. Will have to drive it a while and see if I take a hit on MPG.

But I am very impressed with the way my truck runs on Quaker State. It ran well before, but now it sounds a lot better and runs smoother with a more even idle than it did with CQ and Napa or even brand name Valvoline.

I picked up 5 of the 5 quart QS and Purolator Classic filter for $12.99 deals at AAP last month, and I am sure glad I did. I drive a lot, have 132,800 miles on my truck and I change my oil about once every 2 months, so I will keep an eye out for more good sales on QS. So far it is a great oil and I wish I had tried it sooner.

I greased my ball joints and rotated my tires today too. In general, I had a good old time in my garage, despite the 100 degree heat.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
The QS oil is darker in color

I`ve always wondered what makes new oils (dinos in this case) different colors straight from the bottle when new. For example,Valvoline is crystal clear while Pennzoil is dark. Different add packs,or is all oil/ad packs clear and just a dye of some type is added for color?

I don't know why the oil is darker either. I think it is just because of differences in composition between this QS and the other oils I have used. Doesn't matter anyway.

My gf & I drove my truck out for dinner & a movie tonight, man it runs smooth on this QS. It is good oil, especially for $2.16 a quart. That's what I paid for it on the deal from AAP last month. My truck is running very quiet and smooth and just sounds and feels a whole lot better on QS. I wish I had started using it sooner.

QS conventional is fantastic. Ive used it several times in my cars and it ran like a good synthetic. Id go back to QS if I wasnt completely sold on the benefits of synthetic.

I just bought some QS Green bottle myself it will be going in my truck during the week. I was glad to hear you had good results with it.

I use and buy a lot of QS dino because it is the best value going in oil. Pennzoil is my favorite dino but QS is a very close second.

I just drained the factory fill at 500 miles in my new 2010 Silverado (I'm certain this does nothing but I did it anyway) and used QS dino 5w-30 and delco non-ecore. I swear the engine seems quieter and smoother with QS than the factory fill which is likely mobil drive clean.

Yeah, after driving around this weekend since I changed my oil yesterday, the QS is definitely a lot better oil. My engine is much quieter, it idles smoother, has good power and when driving it just sounds and feels like it is much better lubricated.

I like this QS a lot. I was a little upset when I saw the August Napa ad today and they have Napa conventional for $2.19 a quart, but then I reminded myself that I bought 2 cases of a name brand oil with a much better add pack than any store brand. The QS cost me $2.16 a quart on the AAP deal last month. And I remembered how much better my truck is running on the QS so it didn't bug me after that.

This QS is turning out to be a great oil, especially for the price. I will keep an eye out for more deals on it.

My truck sounded different on the way in to work today at 70 mph on the turnpike. But it sounded different in a much better way. Engine was still quiet and running smoothly even at a constant 70 mph speed at 1800 RPM. The best way I can describe it is it just sounds and feels like it is a lot better lubricated with the QS.

My oil pressure is holding better too. It used to be with the other oil I used that if I went 5 or 10 miles at 70 mph and had to slow down for a while due to traffic, the oil pressure would drop when I slowed but after I got back up to speed it would never return to where it was before I had to slow down. It would always read a little less than it had before I had to slow down. It's not doing that with the QS, or maybe it is the Purolator filter.

Whatever it is, this QS is an excellent oil, especially for the price. I don't buy it at Walmart and I don't need a 5+ quart jug, my sump is only 4 quarts. But I will definitely keep an eye out for more sales on QS. QS is doing so well in my truck that I may not ever use the 8 quarts of Carquest store brand 10W30 I have in my stash.

Yep, I run 42 psi to help my MPG, and I like the firm ride quality. Each tire was about 2 psi low and I refilled them at a 7-11 store half a mile from my house, at the beginning of my test drive. But my engine still runs and sounds much better on this fill of QS.

I was a little worried I might take a hit on performance and MPG because the QS looked a little thicker to me. But so far my truck has good power like it always has, and I won't know about the MPG until I fill up again and probably still won't really know until I fill up the next tank after that. I had half a tank of gas when I changed my oil on Saturday. So far though, everything is doing fine with the QS and I think it is an excellent oil.

I think the final test for the QS will be to see whether I have any oil consumption over the course of my OCI. I always change my oil at 3000 miles and I never burned more than half a quart of the Valvoline, Napa or Carquest oils I used before.

I still have a good stash of QS dino left. Got it for $5.99 / 5 quart jug. Been using it in my parent's Venture and Malibu mostly.

Ran QS dino for years. In fact, most of me my friends and family did and it always ran great w/ very good results. Even on a heavily built and stroked 305 that saw lots of 1/4mi drags and lead footing everywhere. I remember doing an upgrade to the cam once and couldn't believe how pristine everything was in there.

Thanks for the replies. I like this QS more every day. Truck is running really well on it. Super smooth and quiet engine and I can tell by the way the engine sounds it is definitely better lubricated.

I'm a fan, as you can tell by my sig. I think it it a fantastic oil for the price. Every time I jump back onto the conventional bandwagon I usually reach for QS or PYB.

I was on Quaker State`s website and see they make a 10W60 synthetic. Is this stuff rare like the elusive Ultra 10W60? Is it the same oil,rebadged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back