Pennzoil Ultra... any further news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not heard anything else since the last thread ended. I figure if they are going to make a big introduction it will be somewhere around the Daytona 500 race.

We won't hear much else until much closer to the SN/GF-5 launch, which isn't until the end of this year, if it stays on track....

Originally Posted By: Johnny
He did not see it on the shelf, it was wrapped up on a pallet in the back storeroom.

Didn't say he saw it on the shelf... =) But my question still remains, you would assume it means a sooner launch, yes?

Last edited:
I'm just curious, is this the same stuff as the Pennzoil Platinum European Ultra formula that's already out, and is just now becoming available in the States, or is this something new new?

Reason I ask is, BMW lists the 5w-30 Pennzoil Platinum Eur. Ultra in their specs along with 0w-40 M1, 0w-30 GC, 5w-30 SynPower MST (MST is another one not avail here) and BMW oil.

I'd love to try the PP Eur. Ultra as I know it's a long drain oil that has awesome specs.

I agree johnny im sure harvick will have it on his car for daytona. That weekend seems to be very close to the posted rollout time

I compared the spec sheet listed to Quaker State's Q Horsepower and they are basically identical. I'm also curious about the GF-5 designation, the spec sheet posted for Ultra lists it as a GF-4.

I spoke with Pennzoil tech line on Monday and I was told that Pennzoil Ultra will begin shipping at the end of this month.

Thats odd if it hasn't begun shipping and is sitting in the back of that WM......Maybe an insider lurking

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
I agree johnny im sure harvick will have it on his car for daytona. That weekend seems to be very close to the posted rollout time

Sounds right to me....

Originally Posted By: shpankey
So if Harvick wins, we got some good oil. Right? RIGHT?

j/k :p

Oh yeah!!
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny
I figure if they are going to make a big introduction it will be somewhere around the Daytona 500 race.

How about superbowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back