Performa Lubricants PN PLI-123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further to an earlier post I started about Saturn SL2 Oil Advice, I thought I would follow-up with Performana Lubricants reply to my inquiry:

Hi Mr. Raso,

I am responding to the questions posed in your e-mail of March 4th.

The Emission Cleaning Kit is a three part service kit that is recommended every 12 months or 25,000 km. This kit has been developed to help reduce harmful emissions caused by carbon contamination in the fuel delivery system, intake valves, combustion chamber and compression rings. The process (which includes an oil change) is as follows.

Step One: The MOTOR FLUSH is added to the dirty oil. The engine is run for 10 Minutes and the oil is then drained. This step removes sludge contaminants on the oil ring and carbon deposits from the compression rings. It also removes harmful sludge and varnish that builds up in oil passages and the crankcase ventilation system.

Step Two: The OIL TREATMENT is added to the clean oil. This step adds a number of benefits including enhanced oil "pump-ability" at engine start-up, neutralizes harmful crankcase acids and improved engine performance by reducing friction. To answer your question regarding the benefits when added to synthetic oil. I do not personally believe that we can improve on the many benefits that full synthetic oils have to offer. I absolutely recommend our product to improve the performance of any and all multi-grade and semi-synthetic oils, but not full synthetic.

Step Three: The FUEL SYSTEM SERVICE is added to the fuel. This product is engineered as a fuel dryer, and when used on a regular basis (every 10,000 km), will maintain optimum fuel delivery by keeping the fuel rail and injectors clean and will retard the build up of carbon deposits in the combustion chamber.

This process will reduce oil consumption because clean valves seat better, clean rings expand to reduce oil blow by and valve stem oil seals that remain in good condition reduce oil seepage into the combustion chamber. These are the three main causes for oil consumption.

I hope that I have answered your questions to you satisfaction and I thank you and your parents for your interest in the Performa products. Please feel free to contact me should you have any additional questions.

Guy R. Smith
President

Why don't you try it and give us your report?

BTW: plse do a before and after compression test to include in your report.

Thx.

Q.

To the above email from Performa Lubricants, I replied with the following questions:
  • Have any independent labs verified your claims?
  • Can you tell me anything about the chemicals used in each Step?

Their reply is as follows:

Hi Frank,

We do not have independent lab reports, because the cost associated to these tests are never justified as most professional technicians base there decision on personal experience an "on the road" results. What I can tell you, is that all of our products have been tested by Nissan Japan. Performa launched a "Private Label" program for Nissan in 1998. (See letter of recommendation from Nissan on our we sight). They run performance tests on our formulations from time to time to ensure that we constantly meet their stringent specifications. We do not receive copies of their findings unless discrepancies are found. To date, we have not had any issues with Nissan and their engineering department. On a personal level, I ran a Nissan 300ZX in the Firestone Firehawk Racing Series. This was an Endurance Racing Series that had us running 1 hour sprint races at the Toronto Indy and the Formula One weekend in Montreal. We also ran 3 hour,5 hour and 24 hour endurance races at Mosport an various circuits around Canada and the US. In all events, we used the Performa oil, fuel and aerosol products with incredible results.

In case you were not aware, we have always offered a 100% money back guarantee for those who felt that the product did not deliver on our promise of improved performance. Our products are not available in DIY retailers like Canadian Tire because we formulated it For Professional Use Only and if mechanics don't trust a product, they will never use and or recommend it.

As for the question regarding the chemicals used, all I can tell you without giving too much away, is that we only use automotive approved petroleum based products. We do not use teflon, graphite or other by products not currently found in todays oils and fuels. Each of our products are made up of many different solvents and detergents and in every instance, our formulations exceed the OEM requirements.

I trust that this answers your questions.

Thanks again,
Guy Smith

I'm impressed with the fact that he said he feels the product really can't improve a full synthetic oil. He could have easily said add to any oil for best results. I detect some honesty, pretty impressive. Now the question is does the product work?

According to their local sales rep, Performa Lubricants typically demonstates their products to mechanics on vehicles in the shop. Since Performa Lubricants only supplies to garages, I've suggested to the shop I frequently use that I would be interested in attending such a demonstration.

I don't have any cars right now that have problems with sticky rings. However, I know of a few other Saturns in the area that might be good before & after candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back