Rogue 11920km Synpower 5w30, 17331km total

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second oil change on my car, third UOA.
First UOA on this engine.

Second UOA was from the same oil at the beginning of the OCI to know what I am starting with. I asked them to put them all but they put only the "virgin" one with the current one.

Commute did not changed: 110 kms (70 miles) per workday, 80% highway, 10% city and 10% traffic jam (at the end of the commute). There were two long holydays trips on this oil, one of about 1000kms (600 miles) at the beginning of the interval, and one of about 1700kms (1100 miles) at the end of August.
The oil was changed for warranty reason (12.000 kms or 6 months): 7407 miles and 5 and half months.

The only thing I changed is the way I drive the car: I hypermile as much as possible and babie the car. Went from about 115 kph (72 mph) to about 100kph (62 mph) on the highway (limit is at 100 kph but usually people drives at about 115-120 kph without problem with the police).
People are less happy around me, but I gained a lot of mpg, so I am happy.

They flagged the silicon and the nitration level, but I don't really know why:
- Silicon was 145 on the first UOA, 18 at the start and 40 after about 7400 miles. There is no wear elsewhere to make me believe it is from the air intake but more surely from the break in of the engine (less than 11000 miles on it). Air filter is an aFe Pro dry S filter and had some dirt in the air box but before, nothing after the filter (still some construction around the house).
- Nitration is 24-9=15. Is it too high to be flagged.

Oil filter was a Pureone, not the OEM size but the longer one (1356 instead of 1365).

I now have Amsoil EaO13 and PP 5W30 for the next 6 months (will not hit the mileage limit this time, I think).

Any Questions / Comments?

Rogue_17331km_Synpower5w30_11920km.jpg

A little mistake I made which is not that important: Oil filter was a Napa Gold, not a Pureone, still the longer version for this car.

How long do you think I could have run this oil?
I have a good stash of Synpower and will probably have some left when I will be out of warranty.

I would say with the TBN where it is you could squeeze a couple thousand more out of it.

I think those Hwy miles were good to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back