supertec filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
is walmart dropping their supertec oil filters?here in ogdensburg they do not have hardly any left on the shelves.i bought the last two that fit my car.iasked the sales person and they said they did not know they only work there.typcial

The ST filters occupy a very small section of most WM's. The Fram section usually takes the lion's share. If I'm at WM (usually to check out prices) there's usually a fair supply of ST's and MC's and a limited (but always present) Mopar filters.

Fram just has a better ROI, I suppose.

Originally Posted By: ernied
is walmart dropping their supertec oil filters?here in ogdensburg they do not have hardly any left on the shelves.i bought the last two that fit my car.iasked the sales person and they said they did not know they only work there.typcial

Find out what day your Walmart stocks their automotive oil and filter aisles. You probably went on a day when the shelf was wiped out.

They were just out. They dont have a set schedule of when it is restocked, just that its done mostly at night. I have to imagine someone is making some money on the Fram filters. The identical, but not individually boxed Fram "Pro" filters the Tire and Lube Express uses, except for Ford and Dodge diesel and Chevy Ecotec filters, are $1.97 in the system.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
The ST filters occupy a very small section of most WM's. The Fram section usually takes the lion's share. If I'm at WM (usually to check out prices) there's usually a fair supply of ST's and MC's and a limited (but always present) Mopar filters.

Fram just has a better ROI, I suppose.

Yep. Fram probably pays for the shelf space - lots of manufacturers do... just check the soft drink aisle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back