Avon Tech M550 A/S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news. I feel morally obligated to come back here and eat some crow. Although initially I liked these tires, and I still do at low and mid speeds, they ultimately developed a balance problem, bad, and now, they're gone. About a week after my last post, they started shaking bad anywhere above 65 mph. They were rebalanced, but they continued shaking. It was really strange, as we checked and they all appeared to be in-round, so what on earth could it be??? Anyway, I decided to stop sleuthing the problem, and exercised my option under TireRack's 30 day money-back warranty. They gave me no flack. Yesterday, I had a set of Michelin MXV4 S8s. These were the next best amongst very limited selection of 215/55-17 tires. So far, very smooth -- what a relief. But of course, that's what I said the last time.

Oh yeah, after my trip up to Atlanta, the Avons started showing the flat-spot trait that others mentioned too. Another close, but no cigar product.

Beware.

I have read your problem was encountered by a few others.

Personally I have my mind set on the Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S. A pernnial favorite on the car boards I read.

That's really odd ekpolk, I'm sorry. I'm still having great luck with mine, even though I ran over a nail on my trip up to Philly and had to plug it...

Glad you didn't have some incredibly bad blowout or anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back