Polaris 2-stroke PWC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm out a little over $2000 for a new engine this month. I have a very ugly piston right here on my desk as a paperweight/trophy.
grin.gif
Have only used Polaris' own 2-cycle synthetic for the last three years. A mechanic friend of mine says it didn't look like it got enough oil, so for now I have some pre-mix in the tank. My PWC has a separate oil tank and (alledgedly) mixes it's own, at a ratio determined by the throttle opening. Oil supply issues aside, which I'm still going to look into, the dealer actually told me to use Amsoil instead of Polaris' own oil. I see on Amsoil's site there is Injector Oil and Interceptor Oil. Mechanic guy at the dealer suggested Injector Oil but they didn't have any left. Anybody have feelings on this? (FWIW, the place I bought it at doesn't sell or service them anymore so I took it to the next closest dealer which is 80 miles away
mad.gif
)

Get rid of the oil injection system, and premix it yourself. Many pwcers on pwctoday will tell you how oil injection systems have caused many engine problems in the past.

quote:

Originally posted by Brett Miller:
What ski do you have? I have a 2001 Virage.
cheers.gif

2000 Virage. Handles like a dream, doesn't it?
grin.gif
I put the hurt on people with bigger engines too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back