Married women not wearing wedding ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom and Dad have never worn theirs. Dad works on cars and Mom works on the yard. The rings get in the way. They both have expressed that they only got rings in the first place because of their mothers demanding it.

Originally Posted By: Brad_C
Originally Posted By: Mantooth
My wife's ring causes irritation.... we think she's allergic to something in the metal. When the irritation gets bad enough, she stops wearing it, let's it clear up and then puts it back on. You'd think we would have had the diamond reset by now but we both stay busy and just haven't gotten around to it.

Huh. Mine too. Both rings are a problem for her and we've just not gotten around to it. I figure I don't wear mine, so it's no biggie if she doesn't wear hers. We've literally just had quotes this week for a pair of new rings for the existing rocks. For some reason she's ok with yellow or rose gold, but the white gold is a real problem. I should trade a kidney and get them done in platinum.

White gold is actually yellow gold plated in rhodium, that's probably what bothers her.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
My wife lost her ring by wrapping it up in a paper towel after cleaning, and threw away the paper towel. So, no ring for now. I personally don't wear ring because of potential short circuit risk. We both don't like wearing rings to begin with.

I laugh so hard when people were telling me I'm not being faithful to my wife because I'm not wearing a ring.......

Many of us blue collar folks aren't permitted to wear rings at work.

Originally Posted By: Bud
I have been married for 43 years. I have a 39 year old daughter. Have not figured either of them out yet, so I sure can't help you with any questions on why they choose to do this or that. Any man that tells you different just might be pulling your leg.

No truer words!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: bradepb
DriveHard said:
Quote:
My wife takes hers off every time she goes to the gym (daily) for safety reasons.

umm, ok. Maybe you better rethink that, this is from someone who spends a lot of time at the gym.

Nope, nothing to re-think here. I demand she doesn't wear it to the gym. I trust my bride 100%+. We spend enough time there, everybody knows who we are anyways...and that we are clearly married. Just google wedding rings and gym accidents, and you will quickly understand the dangers involved.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Why do some married women don't wear their wedding ring ?

I've noticed this lately and I wonder why some women do this...

Maybe she works around High Voltage!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back