Married women not wearing wedding ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mantooth
My wife's ring causes irritation.... we think she's allergic to something in the metal. When the irritation gets bad enough, she stops wearing it, let's it clear up and then puts it back on. You'd think we would have had the diamond reset by now but we both stay busy and just haven't gotten around to it.

Huh. Mine too. Both rings are a problem for her and we've just not gotten around to it. I figure I don't wear mine, so it's no biggie if she doesn't wear hers. We've literally just had quotes this week for a pair of new rings for the existing rocks. For some reason she's ok with yellow or rose gold, but the white gold is a real problem. I should trade a kidney and get them done in platinum.

My wife doesn't wear a wedding ring, and if she does, it's a silver band she bought herself...and it's on the other hand. She also doesn't use my surname. I don't have a problem if she wants to be herself.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
"Married but looking"?
I hope my wife finds some one and leaves. ring or no ring!
lol.gif
Ok now.

Maybe the sight of her wedding ring reminds her of her husband and the resulting feelings of revulsion, wasted life and foolish choices?

Possibly while going about her day without her ring she has found she's less likely to go into bars to numb her brain.

Occasional compliments and demonstrations of affection and appreciation go a long way fellas. Kira

Originally Posted By: 6starprez
Whatever the reason, it's personal.

This.

The OP could ask the particular women he sees doing this.

I often take mine off. Don't want to lose it. Means nadda. Wife would be PO'd if I lost mine, not because of the sentiment but because of what we paid for it--platinum, and it wasn't cheap. Hers is platinum too, and neither of us wants to pay replacement.

My wife takes hers off every time she goes to the gym (daily) for safety reasons. I support it 100%, and would be pretty upset if she was wearing it there. So there is lots of times she will simply forget to put it on after the gym. I do the same thing...then hours later realize I forgot to put my ring back on. No biggie. She also has a "travel" ring that she wears whenever there is a higher risk of losing it or someone stealing it (going boating, vacation, travel for work, etc.).

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Why do some married women don't wear their wedding ring ?

I've noticed this lately and I wonder why some women do this...

1. Why are you looking at married women?

2. Why do you care?

3. What does "Why do some married women don't wear their wedding ring" actually mean? It's such poor grammar that it makes little sense-do and don't? Seriously?
Makes sense to me, how do you know if the woman is "attached" if she ISN'T wearing a ring. He's not "looking at married women" if the woman he's looking at shows no sign of being married.

FWIW I didn't wear my ring for a couple of years after I snagged my finger with it while changing a tire. Six stitches and almost sliced my finger to the bone. I wear it now, just not while doing certain things.

The OP is probably referring to nurses and others that work in hospitals since that's where his job takes him. So there could be many reasons for this including rules associated with certain jobs, safety, hygiene, etc.

Originally Posted By: supton
I often take mine off. Don't want to lose it. Means nadda. Wife would be PO'd if I lost mine, not because of the sentiment but because of what we paid for it--platinum, and it wasn't cheap. Hers is platinum too, and neither of us wants to pay replacement.

Seems kind of lame. You should each purchase a cheaper ring and at a loving moment exchange them privately. I mean seriously,,,, I'm not buying it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira
Maybe the sight of her wedding ring reminds her of her husband and the resulting feelings of revulsion, wasted life and foolish choices?

Possibly while going about her day without her ring she has found she's less likely to go into bars to numb her brain.

Occasional compliments and demonstrations of affection and appreciation go a long way fellas. Kira
My wife exactly! But the occasional compliments and demonstrations of affection and appreciation go a long way. It doesn't work, even the alcohol doesn't work. I don't drink or do drugs I think maybe I should. My mom tells me I am a disappointment.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard
My wife takes hers off every time she goes to the gym (daily) for safety reasons. I support it 100%, and would be pretty upset if she was wearing it there. So there is lots of times she will simply forget to put it on after the gym. I do the same thing...then hours later realize I forgot to put my ring back on. No biggie. She also has a "travel" ring that she wears whenever there is a higher risk of losing it or someone stealing it (going boating, vacation, travel for work, etc.).

Many women in the gym wear their wedding ring. I guess some of them do take it off in the bathroom for whatever reason. Someone did lose theirs in the bathroom once and when the owner asked if anyone had lost theirs, someone quipped, how big is it?

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Why do some married women don't wear their wedding ring ?

I've noticed this lately and I wonder why some women do this...

Me and my wife have never owned or worn wedding rings. We feel that we don't need a piece of metal to affirm your commitment to each other while enriching De Beers.

She also has a "travel" ring that she wears whenever there is a higher risk of losing it or someone stealing it (going boating, vacation, travel for work, etc.).

Exactly...Over the years I purchased a new engagement ring with the origional diamond and a new matching one. Then when I added another diamond with a new ring...we bouht 2 high quality zc's for the replacement. That is her travel ring.

Last edited:
My wife takes hers off every time she goes to the gym (daily) for safety reasons.

umm, ok. Maybe you better rethink that, this is from someone who spends a lot of time at the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back