2016 Isle of Man TT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it so hard to respect the decision other people make, and not ridicule them because you don't agree with it?

Everything you do has a risk associated with it. Every time you decide to do something, you are saying the risk is less than the reward. EVERYBODY has a different level of risk they are willing to accept for a certain reward. There are things you do every day that someone else considers you an idiot for. They can't imagine in their life making the decision you make every day.

I have jumped out of perfectly good airplanes for fun, I have raced motorcycles on tracks that weren't perfectly safe, I have done many things people might think are "risky". The fact is, those things have made me who I am, and I wouldn't change that for one second. What those guys are doing is what makes them who they are...and you should stop trying to change it.

The cool thing is to sit back and admire the amazing amount of skill it takes to do the things they do!!!

Stop judging, start appreciating.

Nice post, DriveHard, I agree 100%! Live and let live
smile.gif

RIP Ian Bell and Andrew Soar. Sincerest condolences to their families and friends.

I had considered sharing my experience of the TT for the last 2 1/2 weeks, on here. But I have come to realize that it's just like my regular job, in that there are those that just can't wait to ridicule someone that does something they don't agree with. It makes it not worth the effort of posting it, for the few that might appreciate it.

It does remind me of an incident at Bonneville, years ago. I was waiting well down the course, to film the vehicle I was there to work on. A vehicle which was a few spots ahead of ours came down the course, and became airborn and crashed spectacularly right in front of me and several other people that were filming the passes.

About 20 minutes later, here comes a media-vulture from a local TV news station, that was hoping we had footage of the crash, because that would really make a great story for the local evening news, to show some carnage from the Salt Flats. The reporter vulture never asked if the driver was ok, he just cared about getting some footage so can could wag his finger while acting superior, and show how dangerous Landspeed Racing is, and the people that participate clearly have a death wish.

Needless to say he DID NOT get the video footage he so desperately wanted, to not only malign the participants, but also to pad his employers TV ratings.

BTW, the driver of the crashed vehicle was fine, other than some bumps and bruises.

Usually most race courses and much safer when crashing. The IOM is a mans race. Road racing on real roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back