US TV Times:
Race, Saturday June 17th, 8:30A-10:00A ET, FS1 & FOX Sports Go
Race, Saturday June 17th, 1:00P-1:00A ET, FS2 & FOX Sports Go
Race, Sunday June 18th, 1:00A-9:30A ET, FS1 & FOX Sports Go

Also on SiriusXM 201

Race Info.:
Length: 8.469 mi
Turns:38
Lap record: 3:14.791 (Kamui Kobiashi, 2017, Toyota TS050)

SPOTTER'S GUIDE

ENTRY LIST

IMSA AT LE MANS

8a9c9bc442f3612499e33f92236f9682.png

Originally Posted By: Garak
Kamui did a nice job!

I always liked that kid. Wish he'd had more financial support in F1.

I am a big fan, too. I think timing was against him. Had his time been when the Japanese sponsors were eager to spend money, we might have seen a lot more. Though, this is no small achievement, either.

It's nice to see the WEC embrace more of the streaming, stuff, too. A few years ago, Le Mans was off limits even for legitimate, premium streaming, but the rest of the championship was okay. Then, they added Le Mans; now, they offer free HD replays, as you point out.

Toyota fails yet again. In a half an hour span, the manufacturer is humbled and all but out of contention.

Great battle in the last 20 minutes between Jordan Taylor in the Corvette and Johnny Adam in the Aston. Taylor held off the passing attempt with a great over/under move, but made contact at corner exit. He pulled out 1.5 seconds after that, but the contact cut one of his tires, and the Aston came back and passed him in the last lap.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Great battle in the last 20 minutes between Jordan Taylor in the Corvette and Johnny Adam in the Aston. Taylor held off the passing attempt with a great over/under move, but made contact at corner exit. He pulled out 1.5 seconds after that, but the contact cut one of his tires, and the Aston came back and passed him in the last lap.

What a heartbreaker. I just sat there stunned. It ain't over till it's over. Dang.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Hopefully, there are more LMP1s next year and Toyota doesn't head for the hills.
wink.gif

It has been a very rough two years for them. They may just pull out completely. Let's hope that isn't the case.

I find there wasn't as much excitement leading up to the race, or in sportscar racing in general this year; however, we were treated to a great 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Utterly unbelievable luck for Toyota at Le Mans. For those saying they should get out, don't forget that they're doing very well in the WEC.

Mixed emotions about P2. They 2017 car is a clear step forward in both engine and chassis but it's now a spec. racing class which removes the potential for great mfr. battles.

I was literally yelling at the TV in the final minutes as Taylor battled in the #63 Corvette. Heartbreaking but great racing. I like that driver lineup including Taylor and Magnussen and it's hard not to cheer for Corvette racing at Le Mans.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Originally Posted By: A_Harman

What a heartbreaker. I just sat there stunned. It ain't over till it's over. Dang.

For it to be that close after 23 hours, 58 minutes of racing shows how close the competition is. The sanctioning body fiddles with Balance of Performance to get close competition, and I think they have succeeded. But they have also sucked so much performance potential out of the cars with the air restrictors, they have become very reliable, and can be driven like every lap is a qualifying lap. It takes the challenge out of the engine builder's job, but puts additional challenge on the drivers, who have to be flat-out every lap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back