Bad body shop work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dblshock
butchered the filler work, should have figured it out when there was a 'help wanted' sign on the lawn. I left poor reviews on Yelp, Facebook, Google maps and filed a BBB complaint. i can't think of any other leverage short of legal action.
How does trashing them on OMG "social media" make them more willing to fix the problem. Burning bridges ... not so hot.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
butchered the filler work, should have figured it out when there was a 'help wanted' sign on the lawn. I left poor reviews on Yelp, Facebook, Google maps and filed a BBB complaint. i can't think of any other leverage short of legal action.
How does trashing them on OMG "social media" make them more willing to fix the problem. Burning bridges ... not so hot.

Online reviews can be updated, edited, or deleted. Many businesses will bend over backwards to make it right in hopes that you will retract a 1-star review.

these are the same yoyo's that gave me a Cruze turbo loaner car with old slugged oil for my 600mi. weekend trip..

]??[/url]

it's hard to photo, cloudy here today..was an insurance claim...body shop paid in full.

those negative reviews have to be costly to them, I see they quickly posted a couple glowing reviews right after mine the same day...

Check with your adjuster and see if the check has cleared. If not, tell them to stop payment and re-issue the check to you.

these are the same yoyo's that gave me a Cruze turbo loaner car with old slugged oil for my 600mi. weekend trip..

]??[/url]

OMG BITOG cardinal sin!
crazy2.gif

Why did you take your car to these toolbags, anyway?

Online reviews can be updated, edited, or deleted. Many businesses will bend over backwards to make it right in hopes that you will retract a 1-star review. [/quote]

right, can always delete them...very costly once a few customers go elsewhere.

check has long cleared..this was a redo of the first failed attempt.

They have been there 32yr. but changed owners recently..years ago I had them do a lot of work on my sport cars.

Sorry for your troubles dbl, but I doubt there's any recourse at this point given they fixed their original repair once. That's the problem with body work on daily drivers. You can always tell IMO, but to me it's normally very good or good enough.

That does seem real pricey for a single door repair, but paint and labor are crazy expensive.

Originally Posted By: spavel6
I'd be careful with negative reviews - many cases of businesses suing reviewers for slander these days. I think talking to the CC company would be a better choice. Unless you paid by check?

Nonsense!

As long as you are being accurate about their [censored] work quality they can't do a [censored] thing about it.

Although I agree they need to go back and speak to the OWNER
explain the issues and tell them you want it done correctly!
Nothing else is acceptable...if not then I would actually sue them in small claims court for failure to perform a reasonable quality job.

That crease under the window is pretty obvious in your picture, they should have replaced the skin.

I wouldn't take my car back there especially if you slammed them online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back