Schaeffers Oil 9000 Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to a Schaeffer's rep today, and by ordering at least 2 cases @ 12 qts each, there is a significant discount which brings the cost down almost to Amsoil XL's level. Well worth it!

Originally Posted By: Kuato
I spoke to a Schaeffer's rep today, and by ordering at least 2 cases @ 12 qts each, there is a significant discount which brings the cost down almost to Amsoil XL's level. Well worth it!

...on the Schaeffer 9000 full synthetic, that is....

I've been perusing the internet for Schaeffer's Oil. I vaguely remember it from the 70's as a kid. It doesn't seem to expensive on amazon, $95.00 if you subscribe to a 12 pack 9000.

Schaeffer's Oil 9000

I don't see Schaeffer's oil discussed much on the forum, compared to many years ago. From my understanding Bobistheoilguy, worked for the company. A very interesting historical interview on Youtube about Schaeffer's Oil

Respectfully,

Pajero

We're are using the Schaeffers 9000 5w20 in the Ford Escape. I plan on doing a oil analysis as well.

It's what's in addpack Antimony + Moly + Penetro surficant that in Schaeffers oil that stand out. We used their product line for the last 30 years . Use to get it in 5 gall pails . Sure miss 7000 series oil , Jerry Maddox from Lake Oroin was ou Rep great guy

Schaeffer makes excellent oil no doubt, I bought and used their gear oil for transfer case and diff OC recently.
As far as engine oil, thou it's excellent as well, it's about 40% more expensive that PP that I use but I doubt the engine sees 40% 'benefit' from it compared to PP.
I do OCIs at 5K miles with PP on one car and 4K miles with the other, not interested in extended OCIs.

Just now using the 9000 5w30 in the Traverse and so far I'm extremely impressed with the smoothness of the engine. Must be all the Moly! The rep in our area is great. Also using the gear oil in the Dodge. Got it for the same as I would have paid for any other 75w140.

Longtime Amsoil user but have always heard great things about Schaeffers so figured I'd try it.

I'll post a UOA when the time comes.

I used to buy my Schaeffers at a local truck shop, but they closed their doors a few years ago. When I contacted my local rep, he never responded. But I found it on Amazon (and a automotive parts store when I was traveling) and picked some up. I’m running some tests right now on my EB, but have yet to see any noticeable difference.

Hard to beat Amazon prices for oil like Castrol Magnatec, but the Schaeffers price can swing over time.

Originally Posted By: Onug
I used to buy my Schaeffers at a local truck shop, but they closed their doors a few years ago. When I contacted my local rep, he never responded. But I found it on Amazon (and a automotive parts store when I was traveling) and picked some up. I’m running some tests right now on my EB, but have yet to see any noticeable difference.

Hard to beat Amazon prices for oil like Castrol Magnatec, but the Schaeffers price can swing over time.

Let us know what you think! Hopefully a UOA

Respectfully,

Pajero

Originally Posted By: geekster
The only reason I haven't gone with the 9000 is the lack of API Cert. I'm still under warranty. Looks fantastic though.

The Series 9000 5w-40, 0w-20 and 10w-30 are.

https://engineoil.api.org/Directory/EolcsResultsDetail?accountId=-1&companyId=10248&resultsUrl=%2FDirectory%2FEolcsResults%3FaccountId%3D-1%26companyName%3Dschaeffer

Originally Posted By: Pajero

Let us know what you think! Hopefully a UOA

Respectfully,

Pajero

I posted my first one a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back