Recommendation for steering wheel cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to get a cover for my steering wheel, in the $20-30 range if I can. The one I currently have started falling apart 3-6 months after I bought it. It was a $10 walmart special.

Learned my lesson. Is there a good brand that won't fall apart, in my range? I'm prepared to go higher if I have to.

The best cheap ones are the Sport Grip brand. They make them in different diameters so it can go all the way around your wheel. I don't care for the ones that just slip over the wheel, but that's just my opinion.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I have a wheelskins brand on the Volvo XC and the 4 Runner.

Great feel, long-lasting, good fit, wide color selection. You get what you pay for...

http://wheelskins.com/

This!

The steering wheel in my Civic had a very tactile, almost sticky feel to it and the texture of the wheel was not as smooth as I wanted so I bought this one from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/BDK-SW-709-BK-S-Od...ailpage_o07_s00

It has a good smooth feel to it, is good quality and had absolutely no odor to it. Some of the slip-on covers you can buy have a bad chemical/vinyl/fake leather smell. This one fit my steering wheel perfectly. It is a good tight fit so it would not go on the wheel right out of the box. I put it on the rear deck in the sun for a few hours to make it easier to stretch on to the wheel.

I agree with the wheelskins,however I have had the color (red) change/stain/and wear off of mine.

What I liked about Wheelskins is that, if they did not already offer the exact fit for your steering wheel, you could send the dimensions (grip circumference and wheel diameter) and get a perfect fit. I bought a two-toned cover for my last car and it was beautiful and well worth the $35 I paid.

That doesn't mean there aren't other good covers available. It's just my anecdotal endorsement for Wheelskins.

I've used Wheelskins in several vehicles. The quality of the leather is very good, but you have to take your time and do a careful job of the stitching. Mine have lasted a long time too.

Originally Posted By: paulri
I'd like to get a cover for my steering wheel, in the $20-30 range if I can. The one I currently have started falling apart 3-6 months after I bought it. It was a $10 walmart special.

Learned my lesson. Is there a good brand that won't fall apart, in my range? I'm prepared to go higher if I have to.

I'd get one with Tweety Bird or that silly cat Sylvester.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Black cover with red thread? Very nice touch!

I agree with that color combination. Wife's Equinox LT2 has black w/red stitching on the armrests and some of the trim and it looks really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back