Steering wheel cover, recommendation?

Just got 2023 Camry Hybrid with cold package (Heated steering wheel). Probably, because of that the steering wheel came covered in some synthetic material. I do not like the feeling of that material.

I am looking to put a cover on the steering wheel. Can anyone recommend one.

Thanks in advance.

Wheelskins are great. A little trouble to put on, but well worth the effort.
Yeah…when you first get them, you’re going to think, “these are too tight! They’ll never fit!” But they do fit, and the tight fit keeps them feeling great for years. I’ve had one on the XC for about a dozen years. Still tight. Still feels great.

81+7eCZ62OL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Out of hand, I can think of three jokes about this, but I would likely get banned from the forum. 🥹
Back on point, these used to be quite popular in the 60s and I liked them. I chose white to prevent excessive heat. It does add a bit of bulk but the grippy texture was nice. They’re still available on ePray or parts houses for about 13-14 bucks.
IMG_2177.jpeg

Last edited:
My experience with steering wheel covers was not great... Replace the wheel with a compatible one that is covered the way you like, IMO

I have an upholstery guy that is a wizard with re-skinning steering wheels. He has even done a few flat-bottom conversions. Perhaps someone in your area has the same skillset?

Had something very similar on my 1973 Vega Kammback GT Wagon. Lasted for the length of ownership of the Vega (a very fun Car)
1690291350104.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve had good success with the leather covers you stitch on. I dont care for covers that just slip on. Some of the larger thickness wheels don’t accept stitch-over covers as well, and sometimes you have to buy a couple to see which one wraps around it the best. I usually need pliers to push and pull the needle through.

with my f150, the rubber wheel was too thick for a stitch-on cover. I ended up buying an oem leather wheel and installing it.

Back