Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tig1
Fox News?

Faux News, biased and unbalanced
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Originally Posted By: cjcride
BBC

I have always liked the BBC and I am a conservative (hard to find in Massachusetts.) I also like their international news.

Same here I like their International news and that is the choice my bookmark opens on.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: SeaJay
Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Just open an incognito window and you can get around the 10 article limit per month.

Can you clue us in on how to do that

If you use Chrome, you just open the article in an incognito window. Once you read 10 articles in that window, it won't open more articles. But you just close that window and start up a new incognito window and you can read 10 more. So you can read it every day. IE and Firefox call it something else.

Also, use the incognito window if you plan on googling BBC

For breaking news, I often go to CBC. (Hey, I'm already paying for it!)

Our local broadsheet has gotten so lame that I continue to subscribe primarily for the puzzle page.

For in-depth analysis, I find The American Conservative website to be excellent. Instead of vilifying Trump supporters, the writers dig in to explain the phenomenon. We generally get poor coverage of US politics in Canadian papers & websites.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Fox News?

Their non-political news actually goes deeper than other outlets. They have bureaus in more places worldwide, and weirder ones too. It helps having Murdoch's print empire attached.

You just have to ask yourself if there's motivation for publishing a story, something you should do with any outlet.

The U.S mainstream media is no more than corporate/government propaganda that keeps the people ignorant. The TV news is insulting.

Originally Posted By: bradepb
How about some suggestions for online general news browsing? Without a thousand popup ads? Kind of boring at work lately. Preferably unbiased and lets not let this get political please.

I do Google "News" and sort through from there...

If you are talking about national news or even international news, you really have to look at the news network from many different major countries and then do a sort of average of the information to arrive at the news.

For example, If you want to know about something that is happening in Syria, you would scan CBC, BBC, CNN and RT and you will find pieces of the truth.

As mentioned before, news is not like it used to be with reporters, digging for the real story exclusive. Today's news is regurgitated script that is shared from network to network and there are always different point of view depending on who is paying the bills.

I'm pretty serious when I say I get alerted to much of my news via bobistheoilguy.com
smile.gif

If it's happening, someone here has heard about it and is writing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back