US car in Europe

I had a couple of US cars since over 20 years and since about 2010 maybe a bit later it has been a pain to order parts from USA but now i found RockAuto thanks to BITOG forum. Really great to find a suplier that ships to Sweden Before 2010 it was so easy to order online from so many supliers but i guess it was some kind of export tax or something like that added since that year.
Summit has always shipped but lately i found out that they dont seems to have all service parts for my cars longer. I may be a little consevative and want to have known brands and prefere AC Delco that always fit and work perfect on the Chevys i have.
We have some suppliers here in Sweden but they has mostly parts for older US cars

TNX Bitogérs for all good suggestions on parts, oils erc.

Why not use a packing forwarding service. Usually cheap/free shipment inside US anyway, so you can buy from 2-3 shops and send one package to Sweden.

Just first two results on google.

Why not use a packing forwarding service. Usually cheap/free shipment inside US anyway, so you can buy from 2-3 shops and send one package to Sweden.

Just first two results on google.
Tnx that is a way I didnt know about

Stupid high markups, usually buy OEM. Unless it needs to be OE-part.
I bet all the parts he need are found here

Autodoc and other online stores exists and works great for european cars but for an example i have a couple of air filters on my shelf that should be a perfect fit ordered by my registration and vin nr from autodoc and mrAuto but they dont fit so i found it better to order from some places that has better reference list on matching parts so i get the right part from the beginning.
Never got a part that dont fit from Summit or online partstores from US so i guess they has better lists of matching parts by vin nr for US cars than the European online stores have.

So order by part.nr and not Vin.... ? 👌 :ROFLMAO:
Thats what we all do anyway, dont trust Autodoc for 1 sec.
Especially on brake parts.

If you cant find the part.nr here it does not exist in EU, most likely.

Yeah you will still have to pay Import and custom duty (tull avgift) fee though.
That's unfair. I have a Volvo and a Saab and can find all the parts I need in the US cheap. No customs at all.

1693144380533.png

Facebook

None of them are interested in selling service parts to private customers.
I did two tours in Europe and that’s very true. Heck, after I retired, I still spend time in Italy at my GF home in Verona, and its the same deal there. I guess they figure you’re taking away someone’s job if you repair your own vehicle.

Last edited:
Back