What oil would you recommend for Volvo XC60 2015.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a slightly used VOLVO XC60. It has 7k miles on it.
What is the best oil that I could use in order to prolong the life of the car?

Also, should I purchase LubGard Red bottle and add it to the transmission fluid in order to maximize the life of the tranny?

Originally Posted By: tempnexus

Are there any particular oil specs listed in the owner's manual that you need to adhere to? I would start there.

Quote:

Also, should I purchase LubGard Red bottle and add it to the transmission fluid in order to maximize the life of the tranny?

Joseph, is that you again?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Are there any particular oil specs listed in the owner's manual that you need to adhere to? I would start there.

Quote:

Joseph, is that you again?

crackmeup2.gif

Think you still have some oil changes covered by Volvo. I'd use those.

I wouldn't put anything into the transmission until it is due for a service, and I'd let Volvo do that too.

Unless your powertrain warranty means nothing to you.

I agree I would treat it as a NEW purchase.

Our 'new' to us 2006 Ford Five Hundred on the first gen (1998-2006) Volvo S-80 chassis at 110K miles had never had the ATF changed in the Aisin Warner AWF21 six speed so we did the bucket flush in the driveway.

It was still shifting OK but for $75 worth of the required Mobil 3309 ATF (2006 specs) we just did it for prevention.

We did add Lubegard Platinum so if we needed to add a quart on the road and could not get ATF matching Aisin Warner specs we can just safely use Dexron VI.

I see no technical reason for Lubegard in a good shifting transmission that gets new ATF to factory specs every 60K miles. I did add some Lubegard Red before the bucket fluid since I had never heard of it before. In the old ATF running a can of Seafoam Trans Tune for the bucket flush prep it did make forced down shifting smoother.

Enjoy your new Volvo.

Last edited:

1. Any brand that meets spec. Castrol, Mobil, anything as long as it meets spec. Please note that viscosity isn't the same as specification. Read your owner's manual. It will tell you. Look for ACEA B_...

2. No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back