2002 camry won't bleed after new master cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because if you happened to disconnect the caliper hoses from the calipers and then reconnected the hoses without replacing the banjo washers, that's where your air could be entering. Those banjo washers are one time use items.

Haven't disconnected the hoses yet. I had my wife slam the pedal with the engine running; bled it as good as it's ever been. Still going to do the hoses when they come in the mail.

Well here we are a week later and my rear hoses are in. Turns out I didn't have bad hoses.
frown.gif

This time around, the wife pumping and stomping didn't do it for me. An hour long gravity bleed brought it back to spec. Not the awesomest spec in the world, but what a camry feels like on a good day.

As is typical for up here, both ends of metal line and their nuts hated being separated from the hose so that got done too. Also typically (karma-wise), the 10mm metric line nuts with double flares combo isn't a preflared line they stock at the parts store.

PPS I have some ethical issues with the plastic line cover Toyota puts on their lines. If it chips or cracks somewhere hidden, salt can get in and go to town. This hasn't happened on my car, but could happen. I smeared some grease in the interface I created peeling back the covering, to keep water from splashing in there and going to town.

DSC_0015_zpsg6wrutso.jpg

It took various methods and 1/2 gallon of DOT3 to find the winning bleeding method:

DSC_0016_zps0z7mw7tx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back