Fram Ultra FAILURE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ Just trying to keep it real since you seem to think only Fram has rules about compensation on failed items and aren't "reponding" like you think they should. Big pair of one way glasses that you always seem to be looking through. Where's all the monetary compensation and free filters from all the other filter manufacturers when their filters fail?
grin.gif

If delusional = real, then you're all over it.

Stay on topic...

The Ultra failed according to FRAM.

FRAM told the OP to kiss off.

So what's good about any of this?

And Purolator and others haven't said "kiss off"? LOL ... sure, OK "one-way".

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
And Purolator and others haven't said "kiss off"? LOL ... sure, OK "one-way".

You're deflecting again.

Were talking about the almighty FRAM Ultra here.

Yes, and you always seem to target one particular company for doing exactly what other filter companies would do in the same exact situation, or even much less. Put 2-way glasses on once and a while.

Its disappointing the filter failed no doubt. We can all walk away learning a lesson: Keep your receipts!

While I feel the OP's frustration, Fram wanting a receipt for a refund is a standard procedure. Wouldn't a car manufacturer want receipts to verify oil changes for a warranty issue?

If I was the claims guy I would have just sent the OP a replacement, but then again, how many "claims" does Fram have to deal with?? Lol.

If anyone here thinks any brand of "disposable" filter is infallible, they're not being realistic. I would still use Purolator or Fram and not think twice about it.

*Currently using NapaGold and OEM Hyundai. (and i'm sure they fail too)

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Where are all the FRAMites now?

Are they renting their clothes down at the Orange temple?

Lol!

Is it safe to say that wix/napa have the least failed filters?

C'mon silverc6 and zeeosix it's the holidays
smile.gif

Last edited:
I don't see "pieces" I see separated at the end cap, after removing, but intact media. When pressed together it was still working OK. Don't use them, get the German ones. The can type ultras have metal end caps with the stainless steel mesh. No problems. It's interesting but motorking said they had to use metal end caps on the Ultra because of the mesh, but here they used some kind of synthetic end caps.

Originally Posted By: gallydif

Lol!

smile.gif

That post was over a year ago. We're better buds now. LoL

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
I don't see "pieces" I see separated at the end cap, after removing, but intact media. When pressed together it was still working OK. Don't use them, get the German ones. The can type ultras have metal end caps with the stainless steel mesh. No problems. It's interesting but motorking said they had to use metal end caps on the Ultra because of the mesh, but here they used some kind of synthetic end caps.

Just like torn Puro's, i dont think this was working properly at all.
In fact, even a torn Puro might have filtered better than a completely ripped media.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gallydif

Lol!

smile.gif

I have determined that they are either:

A.) The same person with a different username.
B.) Secretly best friends

I personally like to think option A.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWV3XVhaQsc

laugh.gif

^^^ LoL ... way off. And no, we don't work for competing oil filter companies as some think.

Originally Posted By: Garak
You mean you work for Fram and Mann+Hummel at the same time?
wink.gif

LoL ...
laugh.gif

3036180-inline-i-2-bill-hader-then-and-now.jpg

Originally Posted By: Noobie
Originally Posted By: goodtimes

Just like torn Puro's, i dont think this was working properly at all.
In fact, even a torn Puro might have filtered better than a completely ripped media.

There isn't any ripped media shown, let alone completely. What I said I think is right. When pressed together installed it should have worked fine. Obviously the person finding such a thing shouldn't use this product, nor would I. But I would use Fram Ultras otherwise.

The same as the Puro end cap toppers once the pressure is released you can't know what the filter looked like during operation.

About pictures from DriveHard.
Is his filter current Ultra Synthetic? Or very old Extended guard filter?

1) The date of manufacturing is Y40163. 16-Jan-1994? But Ultra Synthetic started at 2012! May be very old Extended guard filter ...
2) Compare by yourself two pictures: filter of DriveHard and current (2016) XG10075 Ultra Synthetics:
003.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
That's pretty gross at 3000 miles. At least seeing nothing is perfect is interesting. There will probably be less of an uprising that against purolator.

Agreed - poor oil change history in the first 77000 miles.

Originally Posted By: montero1
I have the same motor in my Z4 3.0SI-

This is the one you need.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail...9&ppt=C0023

Why doesn't everyone just go to Wix if they HAVE ta HAVE ta go aftermarket? I don't think I've seen one failure yet.

thumbsup2.gif
If it wasn't for Amsoil spin-on filters I'd be using Wix or FU.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back