Where have Anco wiper blades gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anco Aerovantage are still metal, which helps. I always replace every six months anyhow, so I never notice.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: meborder
If supertech blades suck, it is probably because they are made by anco ...

We get genuine anco blades at work. And they genuinely stink. They are fine when new but after 6mo. They are shot.

Trico are marginally better. At least the arms are metal instead of brittle plastic, giving you at least a fighting chance of surviving an ice storm. But I haven't used trico in years.

The lower level Bosch were always a gem, but they have gone to pot now too.

The rain-x at WalMart are garbage too. The metal arms rusted right away and the rubber was peeling before the winter was over.

The only wipers I've found worth buying are the top end Bosch (icon+?) Spendy, but I'm going into winter #2 on the same blades streak free on both daily drivers.

All the others lasted one season or less .... Junk.

YMMV.

I judge the quality of a wiper blade by how well it wipes, not how long it lasts because I replace my blades every 6 months anyway (and I haven't had any that don't last 6 months)...in this regard, Anco blades have always worked well for me. I have a set of the Tricos now and they suck, and they sucked when they were new. I have also tried many of the so called "premium blades" that they charge big bucks for, and they don't work any better than the Ancos, and in most cases, they don't work as well...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi
I wouldn't say that. I'd be willing to bet Supertech oil comes from one of the major brands, it's just bottled as the store brand...in fact, I believe all store brand oils come from one of the major brand oil companies...

Supertech oil comes from Mobil, Citgo, or WPP, depending on region. The XOM variant is probably rebranded Mobil Special, and the WPP version is most likely just like many other house brands that are supplied by WPP, and also Mag 1.

Glad that I bought the two 20 inch RainX Latitude wiper blades when NAPA had them on sale for 50% off plus a 10 dollar rebate. My total cost after rebate was about $12.00. Best wipers that I have ever used. Right now at Amazon those same wiper blades are $16.58 each, and I have to pay tax, so about $35.00 for the pair. No way in this lifetime I would pay $35.00 for a set of wiper blades unless they are gold trimmed.

Last edited:
Ive used Anco winter blades for 2 winters so far and will likely use them a third here in Mtl. I dont scrape my windshield, im not easy on blades but they have been better than all others ive tried. I barely get through half a winter with the others ive used. The price was right and they work great. I would try the WM labeled units, theyre cheap anyways...costco here has michelin blades for 10$each..and thats on sale!!

Last edited:
Napa blades are trico. I have had good results with the michellin beam blades i got at one time at wal mart. They dont have them anymore and that is too bad. Last ones i bought were goodyears at costco and they worked really well for a season. It rains here a bit and i dont deal with streaks.

Napa stopped using Trico supplied blades a few years ago. They switched to Federal Mogul (Anco).

Napa = Anco
Genesis = Transform
Vista = Contour
Exact fit = closest to what ever OEM is. Could be beam or open bridge depending on app.

http://www.napavisibility.com/products/wiper_blades/

Genesis isn't shown on the website but still available. Most of been renumbered as Exact fit blades.

They still carry the HD blades for trucks and industrial, vintage blades, and winter blades under the specialty line.

Whatever blade you buy, clean the windshield and lube the arm flex points. Alot of issues are caused by not cleaning first. Both Anco and Trico use Bon Ami powder to clean their test windshields in their labs.
I used to work for Napa.

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back