What you guys think abut this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't worry about it unless it was an absolute last ditch effort. Many things can go wrong and not much can go right. Sure it will clean some minor sludge but it will not touch the stuff that's been baked on.

If it's that big of a deal take the valve cover off and spray it down with a good solvent and clean it manual. Don't forget to remove the oil plug. Just pick at the stuff lightly spray and let it sit. Vacuum out what you can then fill it up let it run for 20 mins and drain it again.

My engine is clean but I want to keep piston rings nice and free as I do lots of short trips. Less than 6 kilometres a day. 3 kilometres each way.

I'm guessing, and maybe a formulator will eyeball the MSDS, but given what I've seen, it looks to be a gentle, long term cleaner. The site seems to be reasonably professional and the MSDS in order. On the downside, there is a bit of reliance on testimonial.

Given the pricing, what advantage would it give over more frequent OCIs, speaking of maintenance only?

Originally Posted By: toyota62
My engine is clean but I want to keep piston rings nice and free as I do lots of short trips. Less than 6 kilometres a day. 3 kilometres each way.

Take it for a drive every so often and get it nice and hot. Give it the beans. A little italian tune up wont hurt. Also short trips are severe service.

Their FTC decarboniser I have had friends at work use in their deisels before with good effect.

(Unless the carbon was masking another issue).

Don't know about their flushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back