Pure one cut no tears PL25288

Status
Not open for further replies.
6k 9 months 5-30 mobile one. 03 DEVILLE 127K town and highway. All looks good. Just like the one I cut yesterday I probed it in the pleats with my O-ring tool and no tears. The seam pleats were wider like all the other Pure ones I have cut and this seam was glued unlike yesterdays with the metal strip Code is F10E30B2. Replaced with a FU as this was my last Pure one for this car. So this is now 6 pure one cut no issues. Trust me if I ever find a torn or otherwise compromised filter I will post the pics. But to post pics of nothing wrong, well just look at all the other pics with nothing wrong they look just like that LOL....

Last edited:
It will suck if I find one with a problem because then I will have to take time to figure out how to post pics...

Go to imgur and hit the "upload images" button at the top of your screen
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Looks a little wavy, & wide pleats by the seam. Can't help thinking-if they lost the metal crimp, & glued all the seams instead, this issue would disappear.

Exactly.

And while they are at it they can ditch the metal endcap too.

I will post pics of the one without the metal seam. Even glued it is kind of wide. Some reason they wont e-mail right now but when I get them I will post them. Why ditch the metal end cap, one end has the BP valve and the other end holds the anti drain.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Looks a little wavy, & wide pleats by the seam. Can't help thinking-if they lost the metal crimp, & glued all the seams instead, this issue would disappear.

Exactly.

That's the funniest thing I've read all day! Ditch the metal endcaps haha .dont worry I realize your just messing as nobody could be that ignorant lol. Good one though!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
Originally Posted By: kschachn

That's the funniest thing I've read all day! Ditch the metal endcaps haha .dont worry I realize your just messing as nobody could be that ignorant lol. Good one though!
grin.gif

What do metal end caps do for you that a glued pleat end doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back