It's 1992- Which of these do you choose and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A girl I was dating in 1991 had one of the new Maximas, and I drove it to gas it up one morning. Very nice driver. Maroon in color, as I recall, with a matching interior -- velour seats, I think.

That Camry I believe was Toyota's pilot platform for the upcoming Lexus -- they tested a lot of their new equipment and sound-deadening stuff on that car. Or so I've heard. (Another lady I dated in 1991 bought a new Lexus, the first year of the LS400, and riding in it was like riding on a motorized cloud.)

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
and riding in it was like riding on a motorized cloud.)

Yikes. How awful.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
If we're open to others, here's my 1992 car...

1992-lancia-delta-08.jpg

I saw two of these on a car hauler in traffic this week. One looked like a rally car, and the other looked like the one pictured.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
That generation accord was easy to fix and nothing ever broke.

21.gif

I actually do have a 1992 Accord, so I would choose the Accord. It's fun to drive, it looks good, it's reliable, economical, and practical.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
I actually do have a 1992 Accord, so I would choose the Accord. It's fun to drive, it looks good, it's reliable, economical, and practical.

Nice! Pics of the car?

^Very nice! A real cream puff.

I'd love to find an early-to-mid 90s import in wonderful condition like that. They really don't make 'em like that anymore.

Maxima if I can only choose one of the three. However it was this one from 1986 - 1995 that made an impact on all the sedans (but not really since then).

1992-ford-taurus-3.jpg

Last edited:
You will have to go back to Audi 5000 if you want to trace the Taurus inspiration.

For 1992, Taurus SHO 5-speed was a very sweet car.

I would have chosen the Toyota or Honda.
Mom's 1985 Maxima was such a pain, that I highly doubted in 1992 that Nissan would make a good car.

Mom bought a new 1991 Honda Accord DX and drove it forever. Wife borrowed it one day to go somewhere. She was pregnant and had our oldest daughter in the back seat. Semi truck hit her on interstate when merging. Car was totaled. Occupants unharmed. Mom bought it back from insurance company.

Sister started driving it in college. Somebody hit her tho more gently. Occupant unharmed.

Eventually found its way back to my Mom then I picked it up for a commuter. Great car. 35MPG. Inattentive lady hit me at an intersection. Car totaled again but still drive-able. Eventually the car was too ugly for our upscale community :rolleyes: that juveniles decided it was fun to vandalize it. I sold it to a co-worker for her son to drive it. He fell asleep driving it and ran it into a deep ditch, flipped end-over-end multiple times, car finally DEAD. Occupant unharmed.

This car has no air bags and SIX vehicle occupants walked away from various accidents unharmed. VERY SAFE CAR!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
and riding in it was like riding on a motorized cloud.)

Yikes. How awful.
smile.gif

On the streets here, believe me, you don't want to feel the road.

Out of those three? Probably the Camry, with a manual transmisison.

If it was 92 and I had any choice probably a Cherokee or Comanche. Towing package, I6, 5 speed.

Dad's first Camry was a 1992 V6 SE sedan taupe in color. Actually had a firm ride compared to the 1986 Riviera he traded in. Has had a Camry ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back