Which would you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 5 Qt. $25.17
Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5w20 5 Qt. $21.97

Hmmm, both are good! For the le$$ money, I'd take the QSUD just because all of my cars seem to like QS oils.
You make the choice!

I believe here at BITOG, PP has the edge(no pun) over QSUD.

I also think that Pennzoil oils have a $10 Rebate right now from AutoZone(if they're in your area), which may help the price get closer to the QSUD. But, AZ prices are quite high!

Last edited:
Both. Prior to the GTL version of Platinum they were more or less the same with a different additive package. These days you're paying for the Pure Plus base and the usual price premium that Platinum commands over QSUD.

SOPUS has stated that they don't use GTL base stocks in QSUD and from my experience I think that's true. I've used 5w-20 and 5w-30 for both oils and I'm kind of partial to QSUD in the 5w-20.

PP 5W20 , but i'm biased. I have yet to run any QSUD in any of my vehicles. Either would be a great choice.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I'd take M1 from walmart for 23.88 -12MIR = 13.50~~ including tax

That's what I'd do too. But of the two choices, I'd do QSUD.

Pennz Plat
thumbsup2.gif

QSUD......has a $7 rebate going on right now (through 8/30)....so the true cost (if you buy it at Wa;Mart) is only $15 per 5 quart jug.

Going full synthetic ok with Napa Gold filter or should I get something better? Why the clown with this posting?

Originally Posted By: Rojack
Going full synthetic ok with Napa Gold filter or should I get something better? Why the clown with this posting?

What vehicle and OCI?

I'm getting a lot of consumption with QSUD.

1 whole quart in 1,897 miles. I started off with a quart over, now I'm exactly at the full line. 10W-30.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I'm getting a lot of consumption with QSUD.

1 whole quart in 1,897 miles. I started off with a quart over, now I'm exactly at the full line. 10W-30.

To be expected with some overfills..

2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi. Daily driver. 40 to 45 miles round trip to work. Usually 5 days but sometimes Saturday and or Sunday. Around town stuff with some traffic lights.
I guess I will be going by the maintenance minder with full synthetic. This time it would have ended up at 10,000 miles.

2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi. 40 - 45 miles round trip to work with most of it highway. Around town stuff with some traffic lights. No towing and it is really driven pretty easy. With full synthetic I will be going by the maintenance minder which would have gone to 10,000 this time.

Originally Posted By: jdavis
To be expected with some overfills..

Fill me in then - how does overfill cause consumption?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back