Road Rage against Motorcyclist

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is people like this live action Shrek that inspire me to carry a piece everywhere. The rider is lucky the driver was not armed or that he tried to run him over.

Originally Posted By: KernelK
Would you have pulled on him? Would you have shot him?

In the situation in the video, no. If he had tried to use his car as a weapon....[censored] right I would.

I have had to pull it before, but thankfully did not have to use it. A gentlemen, clearly high on what I can guess to be meth, pulled a knife on me once. I pulled my pistol, and he turned tail and ran.

Interesting video. I don't get angry at other drivers. Long ago, I realized that their needs are unknown to me. What they do and why they do it really does not affect me. (unless an accident results) .

I simply let people pass if they need to get by. And, I hope they will let me by if they are holding me up.

However, belligerent redneck drunk drivers, are a menace. We have our share around here. They "party" then go around in 4x4's destroying peoples yards, fences and mailboxes, running over their dogs, getting into hit-n-runs and so on. I have zero tolerance for these criminals. I do recognize the difference between outright criminal activity and my fellow (less than courteous) American drivers.

I did have a drunk redneck attack my car at the airshow. I never got out, rolled up the windows and did not intentionally anger him. Heck, I never even called the cops. The guy behind me did. I don't want to be a statistic.

Strangely enough, the guy used to sell Snap On tools locally. I had been on his truck a few times. He was an absolute jerk then too. He stiffed Snap On for all the tools, declared bankruptcy and so on. What a jerk. He did not remember me. Just went road-rage crazy on my car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Perhaps he was just mad about Donkey's lane splitting?

smayqg.jpg

His melon hit the concrete pretty hard - right pupil may be a little bigger than the left, hard to tell, probably has a head injury at this point.

Lucky he wasn't injured much worse.

Vid started with the rider looking backwards at the driver. Wonder what happened before this segment to cause him to do that?

Rider was pushing on that guy's throat pretty hard. No wonder his face got so red and eyes so bulgy so fast.

The whole thing was unnecessary. Car driver needed to calm down. Bike rider needed to follow the rules (lane splitting is illegal in AZ). At least he responded relatively calmly.

I used to live in Yuma. This kind of thing is something I never saw nor heard of; it's certainly not common.

That was a pretty amazing video. That rider had incredible self control. The crazy guy got lucky. Props X100 to the rider who didn't do anything irrational to the man who was acting ridiculously irrational.

Originally Posted By: B25urgandy
Any follow up with what happened to this guy? was he charged with anything?

According to this, the 51 year old driver (I am shocked that he's only 51, I would've guessed closer to 70, just based on appearances alone) faces multiple charges for:
Quote:
assault, disorderly conduct, threats, endangerment and impaired driving

AZ News Link

Last edited:
The above article isn't entirely correct. He hasn't been arrested yet. Once results come back from toxicology and the investigation is complete, the results will be forwarded to the prosecutor's office. They'll decide if charges will be brought.

Originally Posted By: Yuma Sun
Although he has not been charged with any offenses, Schismenos is potentially facing two counts of disorderly conduct, two counts of endangerment, two counts of threatening and intimidating, two counts of assault and one count of driving under the influence, all of which are misdemeanors.

Accurate article

Originally Posted By: Yuma Sun
The police report also indicates that when officers asked Schismenos if he had been drinking prior to driving, he told them he had probably had four to five shots of whiskey.

Sounds like a classy guy.

Well, who knows if either is accurate?

Anyway, the consensus seems to be that Schismenos has serious issues.

I'd say he's extremely lucky he assaulted a nice guy, and a small woman..

I've been avoiding this thread, and I haven't watched the video until just now.

It's difficult to know wether to fight someone when they punch you in your full-face helmet, it doesn't hurt one bit and they break fingers and knuckles, so you kinda don't need to fight back.

I'm surprised the biker didn't unleash all [censored] and fury when his girlfriend got shoved, that would have been my cue to see the red mist come down and put e old guy in hospital. He got lucky in assaulting a nice guy.

He didn't appear to be much of a physical threat. As far as his state of mind and intent, you know what the saying is about assumptions.

Toxicology and psychological tests and character and criminal history may help. He may have been having a bad day. Good reason to give him the benefit of the doubt and not assault him back.

I mean, that's what the whole issue was about, the driver taking the law into his own hands and exceeding any allowable lawful correction. To do the same thing back is not only criminal, but hypocritical.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
The rule of law has prevented Darwin from thinning the heard.

This

It will only get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back