Royal Oil Co??

Anyone have any experience with this company at all? Apparently it’s becoming a bit popular around my area of Wisconsin among some construction/trucking type companies. A previous Co-worker of mine that is the head mechanic of a fairly decent sized Road Construction outfit here was filling me in a little on it when I asked him what oil he runs in all of their 6.7 Powerstrokes down there, knowing they have a large fleet of them running all over the Midwest loaded to the gills while towing equipment most days. And I was first surprised when he rattled off Royal Oil, and he was quick to shout “not Royal Purple” and secondly I was surprised a 10w-30 is what he has settled in on, as I said previously, I see these trucks a lot and they are loaded up with utility boxes and normally tugging skid steers/attachments, materials or a larger type mini excavator around.
Anyhow, he said the company was recommended to him by another Mechanic at a tree cutting service in the area that you know, “swore up and down”🙄about it, and was saying he had started out trying some of their grease in their larger excavators and dozers and apparently liked it enough to dive into a few other offerings of theirs and has been overall extremely impressed with their engine oils and diesel fuel additive while claiming it is without a doubt the best grease he’s had in the excavator pins down there.🤷🏼‍♂️

This is definitely a new one to me, didn’t see anything in here trying to search, just curious if anyone has ever even heard of them let alone used any of it?

Anyone have any experience with this company at all? Apparently it’s becoming a bit popular around my area of Wisconsin among some construction/trucking type companies. A previous Co-worker of mine that is the head mechanic of a fairly decent sized Road Construction outfit here was filling me in a little on it when I asked him what oil he runs in all of their 6.7 Powerstrokes down there, knowing they have a large fleet of them running all over the Midwest loaded to the gills while towing equipment most days. And I was first surprised when he rattled off Royal Oil, and he was quick to shout “not Royal Purple” and secondly I was surprised a 10w-30 is what he has settled in on, as I said previously, I see these trucks a lot and they are loaded up with utility boxes and normally tugging skid steers/attachments, materials or a larger type mini excavator around.
Anyhow, he said the company was recommended to him by another Mechanic at a tree cutting service in the area that you know, “swore up and down”🙄about it, and was saying he had started out trying some of their grease in their larger excavators and dozers and apparently liked it enough to dive into a few other offerings of theirs and has been overall extremely impressed with their engine oils and diesel fuel additive while claiming it is without a doubt the best grease he’s had in the excavator pins down there.🤷🏼‍♂️

This is definitely a new one to me, didn’t see anything in here trying to search, just curious if anyone has ever even heard of them let alone used any of it?
I'm not going to jump through the hassle of calling to find out pricing & shipping costs. The site is a bust & not a good first impression.

This stuff is the same as Texas Refinery. Very good stuff.

Anyone with any questions feel free to get a hold of me. Very familiar with the product line.

I navigated it pretty easily. Many sites don't list pricing... full disclosure..this was my first ever visit.. I have enough oil 🛢 so.
Navigation was just fine but I expect to see a price when I arrive on product page.

Many don't though and I agree it limits sales. They may just send you to a distro house.. Most manufacturers do a lousy job on pricing and shipping anyways.
That sounds right. I'm not their target market. I'll let the commercial folks do all that, calling, pricing, shipping, wholesale, work b/c the Walmart isle does me just fine. But Our local WM was completely remodeled & had to figure out where the heck the oil was today. Had me sweating... :LOL:

This stuff is the same as Texas Refinery. Very good stuff.

Anyone with any questions feel free to get a hold of me. Very familiar with the product line.
Their history page shows this, they were purchased by the Pate family in 1951, headquarters moved to Texas in 1954.

the guy in Menomine wi sells the product,they have a really good grease with a high timken load,dont know much on the pcmo line other than only semi synthetic,,how ever i too have heard good reports on the diesel engine oil from a friend (mechanic) ,, Schaeffers has a more complete line of products and more transparent information.

I agree on the website, could be better. Sure doesn’t look like they spend a whole lot on advertising either, lol, seeing as though I have literally never heard of them, but goes to show they probably make some pretty good products if they are making it from one shop to the next by word of mouth only.
Not that we need another choice in our wide array out there, I’m always interested in something new or new to me at least.
Would probably try a few of their offerings if not impossible to get.
the guy in Menomine wi sells the product,they have a really good grease with a high timken load,dont know much on the pcmo line other than only semi synthetic,,how ever i too have heard good reports on the diesel engine oil from a friend (mechanic) ,, Schaeffers has a more complete line of products and more transparent information.

Would you happen to have the name/number of the guy/business in Menomonie that sells it?

I agree on the website, could be better. Sure doesn’t look like they spend a whole lot on advertising either, lol, seeing as though I have literally never heard of them, but goes to show they probably make some pretty good products if they are making it from one shop to the next by word of mouth only.
Not that we need another choice in our wide array out there, I’m always interested in something new or new to me at least.
Would probably try a few of their offerings if not impossible to get.
I would not say that but you can. I find that such things don't reflect quality as much as they reflect perception.

To me it's yet another one of the faceless, no-licenses nor approvals oils that are out there. I have no reason to suspect they are any better than Supertech oil from Walmart which is at a much lower price.

I would not say that but you can. I find that such things don't reflect quality as much as they reflect perception.

To me it's yet another one of the faceless, no-licenses nor approvals oils that are out there. I have no reason to suspect they are any better than Supertech oil from Walmart which is at a much lower price.
I have nothing for or against this company, absolutely zero experience, but I will say the construction industry is probably the absolute best test of lubricants there is to be had, and if after millions of miles on trucks and thousands of hours on equipment, a product has the head mechanic truly intrigued with the results, that’s all the approval I’d personally need. To each his own though, definitely not going to question the guy buying Supertech and definitely not going to question the guy buying SS Amsoil. The kicker for me is always if it’s easy to buy when I need it, guessing Royal wouldn’t be. For the “boutique” oils I run, Amsoil and my Schaeffer Rep make it pretty stinking easy, guessing HPL will be the same if I ever try it, but in all honesty, real tough to beat grabbing off the shelf at Wallyworld.
Was really just surprised I had never heard of this outfit before, was curious on how many have.

I have nothing for or against this company, absolutely zero experience, but I will say the construction industry is probably the absolute best test of lubricants there is to be had, and if after millions of miles on trucks and thousands of hours on equipment, a product has the head mechanic truly intrigued with the results, that’s all the approval I’d personally need. To each his own though, definitely not going to question the guy buying Supertech and definitely not going to question the guy buying SS Amsoil. The kicker for me is always if it’s easy to buy when I need it, guessing Royal wouldn’t be. For the “boutique” oils I run, Amsoil and my Schaeffer Rep make it pretty stinking easy, guessing HPL will be the same if I ever try it, but in all honesty, real tough to beat grabbing off the shelf at Wallyworld.
Was really just surprised I had never heard of this outfit before, was curious on how many have.
Yes, as I noted you are free to make that conclusion. But I will not. I'll stick to the approvals and licenses based on actual performance tests.

these guys work at a professional truck repair shop,one of them is a friend of mine,they see and do engine tranny,chassis repairs etc,yes i think they know what they are talking about,,they see stuff ,hands on though they say Schaeffers is the go to oil and grease etc,,Royal they like also,,,,and over Mobil and some other brands ,,only what im told in our conversations ,,even Royal Purple and Amsoil some truckers want in their trucks as they (truck owners) say is best.

Are mechanics really a good judge of engine oil. What analysis have they done other than the "I ain't had no problems with it".
Depends on the one I suppose, but a knowledgeable one with years of experience that has for example taken 10 Ford 6.7Powerstrokes and ran oil X, and 10 running oil A and 10 running B, for several hundred thousand miles of tough abuse and noticing a significant reduction in engine/emission related issues and for another example of finding excavators with significantly less pin and bushing wear with brand x grease over brands A, B, I would personally take that over any keyboard warriors UOA, that’s running “one” of something with nothing to compare or test against. But as mentioned above, to each their own.

Depends on the one I suppose, but a knowledgeable one with years of experience that has for example taken 10 Ford 6.7Powerstrokes and ran oil X, and 10 running oil A and 10 running B, for several hundred thousand miles of tough abuse and noticing a significant reduction in engine/emission related issues and for another example of finding excavators with significantly less pin and bushing wear with brand x grease over brands A, B, I would personally take that over any keyboard warriors UOA, that’s running “one” of something with nothing to compare or test against. But as mentioned above, to each their own.
I agree with your post but in general I believe that it's the exception rather than the rule. Cheers.

Back