Sticky brake caliper - honda ridgeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Ericthecarguy lube the pad's ear in one of his youtube......
My 08 Accord rear pads sticks and wear out the pads even with re-lubing the slide pins every two years. It wears out outside pads (not the piston side). I just use the cheap pads, $5 after rebate kind.

Post the pads. You mentioned the pads showed signs of sticking, did one of the pads wear and the other was fine? Or did they both wear out and show signs of overheating?

One being worn out and the other being fine is probably sticky pins. Both pads being worn and showing signs of excessive heat indicates a sticky piston.

Originally Posted By: Joel_MD
In your signature you show your Ridgeline has 33k miles. You had to get your front brakes done at ~30k miles? Usually front brakes will last 60k or more miles, unless your driving is a more severe service.

And Ridgeline brakes frequently last 50-100% more than even that!

Originally Posted By: bulwnkl
Originally Posted By: Joel_MD
In your signature you show your Ridgeline has 33k miles. You had to get your front brakes done at ~30k miles? Usually front brakes will last 60k or more miles, unless your driving is a more severe service.

And Ridgeline brakes frequently last 50-100% more than even that!

It is worse,
at 30k the rears were down to the metal,
the fronts were done little bit after that I say around 35k,
the brakes pads had meat in them but some part it was digging into the rotors, I looked at the them and said a nice expletive from "hbo's deadwood" and took it to the dealership.

going downstairs to take pics of the pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back